Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > Renovation/ restoration/ creation > Kit's Coty Top Roof

Wendy Stephen

Hi All,

I am currently constructing a  G & J Lines roof as on the models, No.18, 32 etc. (Kit's Coty non fixed type with widow's walk etc)

Alicia has very kindly given me all of the measurements, I have made templates out of paper and cardboard so if anyone ever needs this info at anytime I will be able to help.

They are not easy to make lots of angles etc.

Wendy :)

March 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

christine jaeger

wow what a challenge... don't forget to put photo's up.  did you get one without its roof or was it damaged?  i would kill for one..  :)

March 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Hi Christine,

I have the No.18 G & J Lines, it is quite a rare house it is side opening. It has the same style top roof as the Kit's Coty, they are often referred to as the half size Kit Coty's, they did some similar models which were front opening.

I will put some photo's up once I've finished :)

March 24, 2011 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniels Dollshouse

I imagine it is a lovely house that was in excellent decorative order when you bought it from a very reputable dealer.....hehehe

March 25, 2011 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Am I allowed to mention that there is a Kits Coty up for sale in the Cardiff area?  I'm unsure of the ethics but I know that this model is top of the list on some people's wish list.

March 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Daniels Dollshouse at March 25, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I imagine it is a lovely house that was in excellent decorative order when you bought it from a very reputable dealer.....hehehe

Daniel of course I bought it from a very high class reputable seller :D

March 25, 2011 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Rosemary at March 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Am I allowed to mention that there is a Kits Coty up for sale in the Cardiff area?  I'm unsure of the ethics but I know that this model is top of the list on some people's wish list.

Hi Rosemary,

No your not allowed :) lol

Wendy x

March 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DALE ROBERTSON

I am very impressed Wendy, thats a big job. I have the pleasure of taking off blue emulsion from a Silber & Fleming this week, I can hardly wait................

March 26, 2011 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Hi Dale,

I hate taking off added paint :( it is so time consuming, lovely though once it's finished.

I haven't seen many Silber's for sale recently, beautiful houses.

March 26, 2011 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DALE ROBERTSON

I have three at the moment & yes they are really nice houses but not when they are covered in blue paint. I had better get the nail varnish remover & buds out. I will put a picture up in my houses album  before & after when I have finished. Does anyone have any better ways of removing emulsion?

March 29, 2011 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hayley

LOL, yes do not buy them, but there'd be no fun in that. You will just have to persevere Dale and have 3 beautiful houses to show for all your hard work. (It is the most boring job in the world though)

--

Hayley

March 29, 2011 at 4:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DALE ROBERTSON

Yes Hayley & I keep putting it off & am running out of excuses. Your pink house is quite something isn't it we almost have a set, one for a girl & one for a boy.

March 29, 2011 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

annabelle

Wendy Stephen at March 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Hi All,

I am currently constructing a  G & J Lines roof as on the models, No.18, 32 etc. (Kit's Coty non fixed type with widow's walk etc)

Alicia has very kindly given me all of the measurements, I have made templates out of paper and cardboard so if anyone ever needs this info at anytime I will be able to help.

They are not easy to make lots of angles etc.

Wendy :)

Hi Wendy, do you still happen to have the pattern for this roof?  If so, I would be ever so grateful to have a copy......I have finally brought my kits coty downstairs for its restoration....

--

April 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kim W

Wendy Stephen at March 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Rosemary at March 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Hi Rosemary,

No your not allowed :) lol

Wendy x

I'm not sure if this is a joke I'm not getting but I would love to see the house that's for sale :/

April 4, 2014 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

That was a couple of years ago. It was a nice house- had been in someone's attic for years. That's the best sort!

April 4, 2014 at 4:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kim W

Oooops! just spotted the date, I have just got home after doing night duty so obviously can't see straight!

April 4, 2014 at 5:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

Yesterday I went to tea with my friend Shelagh & as soon as I arrived she asked me if I would like to see the Dolls' House that her neighbour had bought that morning.  We beetled round there & it was a double fronted Kit's Coty with the dresser & the fireplaces & both Widow's walks!  Stairs in tact & only one turning missing by the front door & he said he could get the other one turned!

He showed us some 70s style roof paper & brick paper that he was considering using & we all said" NO!"  I referred him to here & let's hope he doesn't ruin it!

--

Valerie Towers

April 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

Ohhhhhh, does everyone in the world have a Kits Coty except thee and me, Christine?

April 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Me too, Christine! I wonder if I could take this opportunity (since there is reference to it above) to mention that it is sometimes very disappointing to a potential bidder when a house which is up for auction is highlighted here before the auction ends. I had thought there was a tacit agreement in this regard but maybe I have gotten this wrong. I have sent the odd private message to someone I know who might be particularly interested in something I've spotted as I know this site gets many more viewers than actually interact.  

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

April 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

I don't have one either Jane.

But then I don't really want one, not my type of house (bet everyone went WHAT!)

--

:)

April 4, 2014 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.