Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > What's my house? > Family Treasure

Anna-Maria C Sviatko

Sandy needs help identifying the tin house which has been in her family since 1942. Can you help her?

August 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Barbara

From the roof design and latice windows, it looks like it could be from the American firm T. Cohn.

September 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

That's just what I was thinking, there's one similar on sale on US ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-T-COHN-SUPERIOR-TOY-CO-BIG-TIN-LITHO-DOLLHOUSE-/150486738966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2309b56816

September 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Barb Emerson

I just bought one like that and I have seen it on other auctions called T. Cohn Litho Tin House 1948. I bought mine for about 10 dollars but have seen them listed for as much as 225 USD.

I am missing my front door and one lattice window if anybody has one I would like to buy them!

Love this house!

Thanks, Barbara

January 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

teaqueen

Hi Sandy...

Your tin lithographed house is made by T. Cohn Inc., USA in. 1948. It looks like you may be missing a window (maybe not if it has just swung (is that a word?) inside the room. You can sometimes find them on ebay USA. It is a great house, no furniture was made specifically for it but I have my plastic Renwal furnitue in my house and all the bright loud colors go great in it. It is a very colorful house that pleased many young girls---and now some older ones too, right? Fondly, Louise Pipher, Auburn Calif. USA

--
August 23, 2011 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

teaqueen

HI Sandy...sorry but I don't go on this site often and didn't realize everyone else had already helped you. I too have seen this house go for $200 plus and you might look on the patio wall that is the back to the bedroom wall, down by the patio floor...I believe that there is a makers mark there. My house is up on a high shelf or I would check it but I seem to remember that the house is marked and it is hard to find. Good luck.  Louise in Calif.

--
August 23, 2011 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.