Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > NEW BOOK OUT Petite Princess furniture

Alicia Davies

I have sent Wendy the link for this new book--written about Petite Princess furniture . At last there is a guide with pictures to this lovely but sometimes unknown furniture. The book is available at a discount  only until 1st November. If you order one please mention that Alicia Davies forwarded details for discount. Here is a link

www.petiteprincessbook.com

A lot of the furniture is handpainted and furnishings hand made. The book also gives info on copies.

Alicia

October 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Hi Alicia, thank you for the information about the new book, I have emailed all members to inform them that it is available to order now, with the link to the website.

Many Thanks, Wendy :)

October 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LINDA GANT

Wendy Stephen at 11:35AM on Oct 16, 2009

Hi Alicia, thank you for the information about the new book, I have emailed all members to inform them that it is available to order now, with the link to the website.

Many Thanks, Wendy :)

Wendy, Thank you for your kind invitation to join your wonderful dollhouse group! What an honor it is to be a new member! Thank you also for emailing out information on our new Petite Princess Book! We had so much fun writing it and I would love to connect with more collectors like Alicia Davies in the UK who also appreciate this high quality furniture.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that wooden dollhouse furniture is preferred over plastic in the UK. However, many Petite Princess pieces are made to simulate wood, with lovely marbled tops. Petite Princess, made on the 3/4" scale, is very compatible with Lundby furniture pieces and fits well inside vintage Lundby Dollhouses. Oops! I failed to add to my profile that I own several different Dollhouses and among them is a Lundby Stockholm Dollhouse furnished with Lundby pieces.

Linda from Catalina Island, USA  

October 17, 2009 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Hi Linda, welcome to the website, I hope you find it useful.

I think alot of collector's do not realise how much workmanship and detail is involved with the Petite Princess furniture because many plastic items of furniture have been manufactured so cheapily and have non opening doors/draws etc. It was Alicia who drew my attention to it and I was so pleasantly surprised on seeing it in person.

The two doored treasure trove display cabinet is my favourite piece, I hope your book will bring this furniture to people's attention and it will be appreciated as it should be.

Wendy

October 17, 2009 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LINDA GANT

Thank you, Wendy, for your kind words. Deb and I worked hard for a very long time researching and writing this book and truly hope it will be helpful to future Petite Princess Collectors. I just posted 9 photographs to an album titled, "Ideal's 1964 Petite Princess Fantasy Furniture Room Settings" so you and others in the UK will be able to see the 30 pieces and accessories sold with Ideal's Petite Princess 45 years ago. 

October 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb Holman

Hi! Wendy- I love the Treasure Trove Cabinet as well. I even wrote in our new book (visit www.petiteprincessbook.com for more about that) about how, as a child, I glued little pictures of food into it to use as a pantry. I keep that piece on a shelf where I can see it everyday- brings me back to my childhood each time I see it :-) I will try to post a pic of it.

--

Deb Holman (USA)

dorettecreations.homestead.com

October 31, 2009 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LINDA GANT

Thank you to Wendy, Alicia, and Carola for your support in purchasing our new Petite Princess Dollhouse Furniture Book. Deb and I are offering this Pre-Sale Book to all our International Collectors for $42.25 through tomorrow, November 1st, for our exact production cost and it includes Priority Mail International shipping. A preview of this 200+ page full color book can be seen on our website at www.petiteprincessbook.com. You might want to take a look at it. :)

October 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.