Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > The new Dolls' Houses Past and Present website is live!

Zoe H
Administrator

To visit the new site go to: www.dollshousespastandpresent.co.uk

We’re sorry that because of the precarious state of this, our old site, we haven’t been unable to simply move our membership over to the new site, so if you would like to remain a member of Dolls’ Houses Past and Present, you will need to reregister by clicking on the ‘Register here’ button on the new site and completing the registration form. This will then come to us Admins for approval.

You will still be able to browse around the new site and see what you think while your registration is pending, but you won’t be able to comment in the forums or photo galleries until your membership has been approved – we promise to be a quick as we can!

We look forward to seeing you there soon!

Dolls’ Houses Past and Present Admins

(Rebecca, Brooksey, Zoe and Edel)

October 14, 2019 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Have tried to upload a photo for my profile on the new site but it says an error has occured.  :(.  

October 14, 2019 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeanette
I've just waiting on my membership pending. Oh, I am so excited. oh there goes a ting...it's a DHPP email...
--

October 14, 2019 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Getting to grips with the site now, and have worked out how to upload the photos,  but the profile one still says the same.

October 14, 2019 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

carol

Love the new site. ������������������������������������ Congrats to you all. Just waiting for the all important email so that I can sign in.  

Carol

October 15, 2019 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

carol at October 15, 2019 at 4:26 AM

Love the new site. ������������������������������������ Congrats to you all. Just waiting for the all important email so that I can sign in.  

Carol

HI Carol - you should have had the email by now, so I'm not sure what has happened there. Please just follow the link to the new site given in my post above and click on 'Register here' and complete the form which will then be approved by Admin. (We all have to re-register there as the web host of this site old provides no means of transferring members over).  Look forward to seeing you there!

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

October 15, 2019 at 5:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kim W

I have just re-registered and cannot wait for us all to be "back to normal" :D

October 15, 2019 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

carol

Filled in the form last night, so just waiting for approval.

October 15, 2019 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

carol at October 15, 2019 at 2:29 PM

Filled in the form last night, so just waiting for approval.

My goodness, Carol, things seem to he happening very slowly for you for some reason. We have approved all of the membership to date so yours will have been approved too. Have you tried going to the site and logging in?

--

Zoe

October 15, 2019 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

carol

No joy Zoe. Did use the contact section, so hopefully you have an email from me. Had a problem last night with the DOB part, same again tonight when I tried again. Will try reregistering again tomorrow using my laptop instead of my iPad. That might solve the problem

October 15, 2019 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Hi Carol, I see you got there in the end! I'm sorry it was a struggle - I've reported the problem you had to our web developer.  Hope you like the new site!

--

Zoe

October 16, 2019 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

As we expected, there have been glitches with the new site - after a week, we hope that most of them have been discovered. They have all been reported to the site developers, who will be working to correct these errors tomorrow.

In order for the work to be done, the new site will be unavailable. The downtime is planned for:

Wednesday, 23rd October, from 9am to 1pm, UK time

Some time before the work is due to start, and for its duration, a "closed for maintenance" page will display on the new site's address. As soon as the work is done, the site will re-open.

October 22, 2019 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

PCS are struggling to fix the problems but the new site is back live, for now. You may still see the "closed for maintenance" notice, but if you refresh the pages by pressing Ctrl and F5 (Command and F5 on Mac) it should let you in. You may have to do this for every page.

October 23, 2019 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Maddy

Hello, I have not had an email about the new site but found it from here.  I can't register as advised as I keep being told that my log in is different.  As I have done this very carefully on several attempts I cannot believe it is wrong.  Could you help?  I would appreciate this if possible, though I understand your problems and am willing to wait.

I just also want to say that I have read the new magazine - and it was lovely!

October 24, 2019 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Maddy at October 24, 2019 at 7:40 AM

Hello, I have not had an email about the new site but found it from here.  I can't register as advised as I keep being told that my log in is different.  As I have done this very carefully on several attempts I cannot believe it is wrong.  Could you help?  I would appreciate this if possible, though I understand your problems and am willing to wait.

I just also want to say that I have read the new magazine - and it was lovely!

Hello Maddy
I had to start all over with different passwords etc. but it is well worth it. Come on over and join us!
   Jenni

--

October 25, 2019 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Brooksey at October 23, 2019 at 4:15 PM

PCS are struggling to fix the problems but the new site is back live, for now. You may still see the "closed for maintenance" notice, but if you refresh the pages by pressing Ctrl and F5 (Command and F5 on Mac) it should let you in. You may have to do this for every page.

Should we still be having to do this or is it just my computor?

October 28, 2019 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Hi Chris, I know that Rebecca offered you some suggestions on the new site. Has it worked?

October 29, 2019 at 8:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Brooksey at October 29, 2019 at 8:42 AM

Hi Chris, I know that Rebecca offered you some suggestions on the new site. Has it worked?

Hi Brooksey,  Clearing my browsing history has had no effect unfortunately.  I can get in easily on internet explorer but it is acting very slow.

October 29, 2019 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.