Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Website - Progress Update

Zoe H
Administrator

chris g at September 28, 2019 at 5:27 AM

Is there any way for us to download our own photos, as I have lost a lot of mine due to me being silly and not backing them up when my computor died.

There isn't a quick way, Chris, but you can open each of your photos either drag the photo to your desktop, or right click on it and you should have an option to copy, you can then paste it to your own photo folder. We've been doing lots of this and it does start to feel like Groundhog Day! Good luck. x

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

September 28, 2019 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

theinfill.wordpress.com at September 27, 2019 at 2:17 PM

Oh wow!!!!! So much slogging work done.  Have any of you had such a thing as a 'life' in the last months, forgive me asking?  Congrats and a big, big thank you all round for all you've all :Ddone

No, not really, Do!. Certainly for the last two or three months, apart from the odd pre-booked holiday/weekend away (as Brooksey mentions), it's been work and Dolls' Houses Past & Present and I can't wait to get life back! :o

--

Zoe

September 28, 2019 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Forever grateful x

September 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Jan at September 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM

Forever grateful x

Just happened to see Do's post at the end of today's six hour stint on the magazine back-issues!  Brooksey has been extremely busy with the Lines/Tri-ang databases recently too.

--

Zoe

September 28, 2019 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Zoe H at September 28, 2019 at 12:12 PM

chris g at September 28, 2019 at 5:27 AM

Is there any way for us to download our own photos, as I have lost a lot of mine due to me being silly and not backing them up when my computor died.

There isn't a quick way, Chris, but you can open each of your photos eihter drag the photo to your desktop, or right click on it and you should have an option to copy, you can then paste it to your own photo folder. We've been doing lots of this and it does start to feel like Groundhog Day! Good luck. x

Thank you Zoe, the drag and drop has worked for me.  I'm not very computor savvy but this was quite easy.  I'm about a third of the way through my photos and am now feeling a bit boggle eyed, so I am very appreciative of all the work the admins are doing for the new site.  Well done all.

September 28, 2019 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeanette
We will probably drive all the admins mental on the new site with all our crazy questions, hopefully not, lol. It will just be great to see you all and new people when we get running...
--

October 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Zoe H at September 28, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Jan at September 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM

Forever grateful x

Just happened to see Do's post at the end of today's six hour stint on the magazine back-issues!  Brooksey has been extremely busy with the Lines/Tri-ang databases recently too.

Claire's collection is truly wonderful, was unable to post a comment, thank you both.

October 3, 2019 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

I don't know whether to be pleased or annoyed! Just as this dear old site is coming to an end and after MONTHS of trying, I have finally managed to open the magazine archives AND get into the copy I wanted to read.
Will we be able to keep all the magazines on the new site? After years of reading them, I'm still coming across articles I've missed.
It took me until Sunday to get back onto the site. I think the previous successful time was about three months ago.It's great to be here, no matter how short lived the time before I am rejected again! If I disappear again, see you on the other side of the move everyone.
Thanks to all the admin people for their sterling work, I'm super grateful to you.
Jenni x

--

October 8, 2019 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Trumble's Mum at October 8, 2019 at 12:28 PM

I don't know whether to be pleased or annoyed! Just as this dear old site is coming to an end and after MONTHS of trying, I have finally managed to open the magazine archives AND get into the copy I wanted to read.
Will we be able to keep all the magazines on the new site? After years of reading them, I'm still coming across articles I've missed.
It took me until Sunday to get back onto the site. I think the previous successful time was about three months ago.It's great to be here, no matter how short lived the time before I am rejected again! If I disappear again, see you on the other side of the move everyone.
Thanks to all the admin people for their sterling work, I'm super grateful to you.
Jenni x

Really great to 'see' you, and I know this isn't the place for it, but how are you and yours doing?

All the best

dfc

--

October 9, 2019 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Trumble's Mum at October 8, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Jenni x

Hi Jenni, 

The magazine is one of the unique things that this site offers that we were desperate to preserve! A large number of back issues have already been copied to the new site, and that work willl continue after launch day until they're all saved. Zoe needs the credit for this - she has copied all the issues that have made it to the new site so far, with some help from Phil at Purple Creative, and believe me, it is an ENORMOUS task! I've saved all the Lines and Triang databases to the new site, but that's a simple drag and drop then copy/paste process, for only four volumes. The mags are way more complicated, involve many steps to upload, and there's 30 of them!

October 9, 2019 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christine R

Hi all, when the new site opens will it show the new address on here or has the new address already been sent out and I've missed it ? This is so exciting, thank you to all that have worked so hard to bring it all together. Happy days ahead. 

October 10, 2019 at 7:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Christine R at October 10, 2019 at 7:03 AM

Hi all, when the new site opens will it show the new address on here or has the new address already been sent out and I've missed it ? This is so exciting, thank you to all that have worked so hard to bring it all together. Happy days ahead. 

Hi Christine,

We’ll be emailing all our members (from our new Dolls’ Houses Past and Present email address) with the new web address, but we’ll also put a message on here with a link to it.

This site will coexist with the new one for some time while we transfer our photo albums and any remaining magazines over, though I guess we’ll put a sort of ‘site closed, please use our new one’ message on this one and close down some of the functions (those that haven’t already closed themselves down, ha ha!) to avoid confusion.

Fingers crossed for a smooth launch!

--

Zoe

October 10, 2019 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Zoe H at October 10, 2019 at 7:34 AM

Christine R at October 10, 2019 at 7:03 AM

Hi Christine,

We’ll be emailing all our members (from our new Dolls’ Houses Past and Present email address) with the new web address, but we’ll also put a message on here with a link to it.

This site will coexist with the new one for some time while we transfer our photo albums and any remaining magazines over, though I guess we’ll put a sort of ‘site closed, please use our new one’ message on this one and close down some of the functions (those that haven’t already closed themselves down, ha ha!) to avoid confusion.

Fingers crossed for a smooth launch!

Can't wait!

--

Liza Antrim

October 10, 2019 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I am crossing all the fingers that are not needed for writing a horribly convoluted blogpost.   The arrival of the new site, hopefully on 14th October, will be just right for me to post a link  properly at last!

All power to all your elbows; you are rendering us all a sterling service! Thank you all so much :)

October 10, 2019 at 9:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

Ah well, I got it written sooner than I expected so here it is....

https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/10/heigh-ho-part-two.html

October 10, 2019 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

The pit cottage is FAB! I especially like the comb beds :-)

Have you tried tiny screw-in hooks to hang the drying-rack from the ceiling?

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

October 12, 2019 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

Glad you like it Edel :-)   Screws are a good idea but though I thought of them I haven't yet tried because my left hand is still not functioning properly and angling myself to do it would not be easy.  I am leaving it for Butterfly next year - she is a whizz with a glue gun and much more dexterous than me now. From next year she will be in the Czech Republic permanently....

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

October 12, 2019 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

cestina at October 12, 2019 at 11:29 AM

Glad you like it Edel :-)   Screws are a good idea but though I thought of them I haven't yet tried because my left hand is still not functioning properly and angling myself to do it would not be easy.  I am leaving it for Butterfly next year - she is a whizz with a glue gun and much more dexterous than me now. From next year she will be in the Czech Republic permanently....

Wonderful, wonderful beds - the shapes you can get with the long hair combs are v striking indeed! :)

--

October 13, 2019 at 4:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeanette
The Pit Cottage is really lovely and quaint. After seeing the religious bottles I remembered having seen something similar in bottles in Krakow. The Hairy Bikers were also there at the same time as me, on their website is a picture of them at the ' hill of crosses ' in Lithuania...maybe a clue but sometimes it's amazing what I draw from memory and can't remember yesterday...lol
--

October 13, 2019 at 5:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Are we ready to go today?

--

Liza Antrim

October 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.