Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Website - Progress Update

Brooksey
Administrator

Best wishes for a successful operation, Liza.

May 4, 2019 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Thank you so much. Can't wait to see this up and running again. It will really give us all a boost.

--

Liza Antrim

May 4, 2019 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

Liza at May 4, 2019 at 7:56 AM

Going in to hospital for a new hip next week. It would be lovely to come out and find it all up and running, what a boost that would be to my convalescence!

All the best Liza and wishing you a speedy recovery! I got a new hip six weeks ago and, like a sensitively restored old dolls' house, the "after" is so much better than the "before" :)

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

May 5, 2019 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Edel at May 5, 2019 at 3:44 AM

Going in to hospital for a new hip next week. It would be lovely to come out and find it all up and running, what a boost that would be to my convalescence!

All the best Liza and wishing you a speedy recovery! I got a new hip six weeks ago and, like a sensitively restored old dolls' house, the "after" is so much better than the "before" :)

Thanks, Edel. I do hope mine turns out as well as yours. We will see.:/

--

Liza Antrim

May 5, 2019 at 5:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Claire Quick

Hope all goes well Liza

May 8, 2019 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Hope it is all over and you are in the recovery phase, Liza! Only just managed to get back into the site for the first time in weeks, so missed sending you message when you posted.

Fingers crossed for both you and the speedy arrival of the new site!
  Jenni

--

May 9, 2019 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

I hope all went well and you're on the mend now Liza.  My Mum had one hip and both shoulders replaced and was so much better afterwards.

It will be so lovely to get our new site launched, I can't wait to go exploring in it.

--

May 10, 2019 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Wow! I just looked at our FundRazr page and a recent donation took us up to our £10,000 target!!!! HOW FANTASTIC IS THAT???

https://fundrazr.com/c1NSU4?ref=ab_47Pxm6

My meeting with Purple Creative Studios on Tuesday was really positive too and we really are in the final throes of development. Myself and the other Admins should be getting a live link to the new site very soon so that we can populate some of the pages with up-to-date information and, hopefuly then it really shouldn’t be too long before we’ll be ready to go! :-D

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

May 12, 2019 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

A slight diversion from Waiting for the Website but has anyone noticed the enormous hike in prices for dolls' house items over the last year whilst the site has been nearly dormant? The most everyday items - similar to things that I have donated to charity shops in the past, are being presented at high start prices. I thank my lucky stars that I have what I have, because this seems to be a hobby for a rich women these days. With tolerant husbands - but we have always had those, haven't we?

May 18, 2019 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christine R

Yes I have noticed the prices, I treated myself to the Kensington dolls house fair last week so I could see what I was buying . I did also save on postage. But a rich woman I am not. 

May 18, 2019 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I had to practically tie myself to the kitchen table to avoid the siren call of Kensington! Always a great place to go - to be able to buy from the makers and no postage costs. I just wish that I had bought more in the past especially when I see what some of the items are fetching these days. I should have splashed out a lot more recklessly but I always went over my limit every time.

May 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jazz

Ah, Kensington.....I just buy.......No regrets..........I hate sitting on the train going home thinking, “I’d wish I’d bought..........”!!     Had a brilliant time.  Wish I could post a pic and show you what I bought!

May 18, 2019 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

That is one of the things that I am missing -seeing lovely things that others have found and bought at fairs.

May 19, 2019 at 2:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wendy c

Won't be long Rosemary hopefully.  Can't wait to have the site up and running again. 

I'd love to see a ....say a 2 month?.... challenge every now and again.   Didn't we have fun trying to make those Fakon dolls - and what wonderful results......?

May 19, 2019 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

The Fakons! It was so strange the way that they grew bigger as they were being made. I certainly never cracked the Grecon makers secrets!

May 20, 2019 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Hi All,

I’ve had two more meetings with Purple Creative Studios since my last post here and we’ve now got a date in mind for the launch of the new site! However, I dare not announce it just yet, not until we get a couple of little issues sorted in this coming week - sometimes these things turn out to be simple and sometimes they don’t - hence the caution. Also, summer holidays and other commitment are now coming into play and might interfere with us administrators doing some of the preliminary imputting to the site before launch, so that’s to sort out too.

So, as soon as we are a bit clearer on these issues, we’ll let you know the date we’re aiming for and then we can all start getting really excited - I know I’ll be counting the sleeps!

--

Zoe

May 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

Huzza Zoe!

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

May 21, 2019 at 5:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Zoe H at May 12, 2019 at 11:23 AM

Wow! I just looked at our FundRazr page and a recent donation took us up to our £10,000 target!!!! HOW FANTASTIC IS THAT???

https://fundrazr.com/c1NSU4?ref=ab_47Pxm6

My meeting with Purple Creative Studios on Tuesday was really positive too and we really are in the final throes of development. Myself and the other Admins should be getting a live link to the new site very soon so that we can populate some of the pages with up-to-date information and, hopefuly then it really shouldn’t be too long before we’ll be ready to go! :-D

I've had to use this fundrazr link so many times Zoe thank you for it.

May 27, 2019 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Zoe H at May 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM

Hi All,

I’ve had two more meetings with Purple Creative Studios since my last post here and we’ve now got a date in mind for the launch of the new site! However, I dare not announce it just yet, not until we get a couple of little issues sorted in this coming week - sometimes these things turn out to be simple and sometimes they don’t - hence the caution. Also, summer holidays and other commitment are now coming into play and might interfere with us administrators doing some of the preliminary imputting to the site before launch, so that’s to sort out too.

So, as soon as we are a bit clearer on these issues, we’ll let you know the date we’re aiming for and then we can all start getting really excited - I know I’ll be counting the sleeps!

I keep looking, but still no news of a definite date. Please give us something more positive to keep us going. Bear in mind that post op (going well, by the way and thank you everyone for your kind wishes) I haven't got much else I can do to distract me. Even if it wasn't exactly complete, couldn't we at least start to use it?

--

Liza Antrim

June 3, 2019 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Liza at June 3, 2019 at 6:10 AM

Zoe H at May 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM

Hi All,

I keep looking, but still no news of a definite date. Please give us something more positive to keep us going. Bear in mind that post op (going well, by the way and thank you everyone for your kind wishes) I haven't got much else I can do to distract me. Even if it wasn't exactly complete, couldn't we at least start to use it?

Glad to hear it’s going well following your op, Liza and sorry we haven’t been able to come up with the goods to privide a bit of light relief in time for your recuperation! I’m pleased to be able to announce that we’re aiming to launch the new site by the end of August at the latest and we  hope everyone will bear with us a little bit longer as we’ve got various other commitments between us and are having to work around those, but we feel that the end of August is a realistic target. Of course, if we can get anything to you sooner we certainly will. :)

--

Zoe

June 3, 2019 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.