Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > eBay fundraising

Brooksey
Administrator

That's good to know. The donated items are all from the last 25 years or so, so no antiques, but there is a number of pieces from well-known artisans among them, some of whom are retired.

September 6, 2018 at 5:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Agree with Rosemary and Liza.  Pleased you have received Sooty and hope he sells for th fund, thank you.

September 6, 2018 at 6:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I have to apologise to those of you who have sent me items to list on eBay. I'm supposed to be doing it to help those who are short of time to manage eBay sales themselves. Unfortunately I didn't manage to list anything this week and I've realised that if I do so today, I won't be able be able to post anything which sells until Monday September 24th, because I'm going to be away from September 17th - 22nd. I'm really sorry! I shall list some items next Saturday and Sunday, so I'll be able to post them promptly on the 24th, after the auctions finish.

September 8, 2018 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Brooksey at September 8, 2018 at 1:12 PM

I have to apologise to those of you who have sent me items to list on eBay. I'm supposed to be doing it to help those who are short of time to manage eBay sales themselves. Unfortunately I didn't manage to list anything this week and I've realised that if I do so today, I won't be able be able to post anything which sells until Monday September 24th, because I'm going to be away from September 17th - 22nd. I'm really sorry! I shall list some items next Saturday and Sunday, so I'll be able to post them promptly on the 24th, after the auctions finish.

Whenever you can, just very grateful you are willing to it.

September 9, 2018 at 7:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Perserverate is a word that I have come across recently. Verb.  It means to prolong.  It seems a good word to put into use right now as our agony over the future of thes site is definately being perserverate. Or should that be perserverated? Silence for some days and the fund still needs a near cool four grand to reach target. 

I am looking forward to the ebay sales that will be starting at the weekend - and will Brooksey be able to make use of the £1 selling fee that started today for 4 days? That could be fortutious for making the most for the missing 4k!

September 14, 2018 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

No-one is perseverating, Rosemary! These things take time.

We are waiting for the response from one of the website developers to some questions we had. These were submitted at the end of August, after his proposal had been carefully scrutinized by Rebecca and the administrators. We knew that we wouldn't have his response for a couple of weeks or so after he received them, because he has been on holiday. We expect that we shall hear from him any day now.

Behind the scenes, work for the administrators continues. There has been further correspondence with the web developer, and between Rebecca and the administrators. Managing the FundRazr campaign takes time, including the keeping of accounts. After saving the four Lines/Triang database Albums, I have saved 76 Greconville albums to date - manually, page by page. Each page has to be accessed twice - the photos have to be done first and their files renamed, to preserve their sequence in the new folder, then the text has to be copied into a separate Word document, section by section - first the title, then the photo number (e.g.1 of 45), followed by any caption, and finally, the date of posting. Some of the text has to re-formatted when copied into Word. Each album is then backed-up onto an external USB drive, as a further safeguard against my PC failing. A large album can take a few hours to complete!

September 14, 2018 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Sorry. Brooksey. I was just showing off my new word!  Not really being annoying, more thoughtless.  I think I just miss the site so much.

I am really, really grateful for your saving of the Greconville files, those naughty scenes could never be repeated and I am missing creating them too. The muse has ceased visiting Bryan, Oscar and myself over these months - they are all cooped up in a box - well, most of them, and an angry hum like that of a beehive comes out of it when I pass by.

I would imagine that even when a website developer is finally chosen, it will be quite some while before it is actually created so I must curb my impatience and not show off. Please regard my previous comments as persiflage! 

September 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I've listed the first nine lots from the huge haul of miniatures which were donated for sale by a DHPP member. They fill my dining table! I've put a photo of them all in the gallery on the FundRazr page and it will have been emailed to those of you who have subscribed to updates. 

As promised, here are the eBay IDs for the miniatures listed today:

232930262675  Victorian wardrobe by D R Brown (Simply Victorian)

232930283450  Pair of bedside cabinets, also by D R Brown

232930318589  Orkney chair, likely to be by Brian Rumble (Rudeigin Beag)

232930343096  Gateleg table (maker not known)

232930369309  Kitchen sink (maker not known)

232930568560  "Staffordshire" cow ornament (possibly by Kay Lewis)

232930586792  Avon Miniatures bowl holding a whole salmon (maker of fish not known)

232930600309  Two mice by Margaret J Alford

232930615617  Ceramic platter by Carol Lodder

There are already bids in on the wardrobe and the salmon. I also listed Jan's donated Sooty puppet and Sooty xylophone today, and there's a bid on the puppet, too!

September 16, 2018 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Oh, they are beautiful! What fantastic donations - many thanks to the very generous member who donated them!

--

Rebecca :)

September 17, 2018 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jazz

Haven’t donated anything but am bidding!!!!

September 18, 2018 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

I am bidding too :)

--

September 18, 2018 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

Me too, but not yet.... :-)

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: Bringing Ospreys to Bavorov

September 20, 2018 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.