Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > eBay fundraising

Brooksey
Administrator

For anyone who hasn't seen them/can't find them by searching on my username, here's the eBay IDs for my current listings:

232946114640 - small Medieval/Tudor bench

232946177742 - vintage homemade 1930s/1940s bedroom suite

232946217010 - cast metal (and partly resin?) AGA-style cooker

232946230067 - rustic wooden pig ark or henhouse

232946251291 - Delph Miniatures modern electric sewing machine

232946283617 - brass bed and cotton mattress

232946303514 - set of five small kitchen utensils by L & A St Leger

September 30, 2018 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Thank you.

September 30, 2018 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I've listed 15 lots of dolls' house miniatures on eBay this week - mostly kitchen utensils and cleaning tools. There's also two Barton pieces by Mr Rickard - a wringer and an electric fire - both in very good condition, and an approx 80 year old 1:12 scale T & B vacuum cleaner (sadly, no bag).

I recently received a donation of a number of 1:32 plastic farm animals and workers, and a lovely 1:16 Schleich red and white cow, which I've also listed this week. 

The ID number for the Barton fire is 232993710168. From there, follow See other items to view the rest.

November 6, 2018 at 4:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Thank you again for update. 

November 8, 2018 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I have just listed three lots of fixtures and fittings, Buy It Now, on eBay. All of them need some TLC. They are:

233006142371  G & J Lines fireplace, c1910, overpainted with

household gloss; no thermometer guard grate 

THIS FIREPLACE IS NOW SOLD

233006163280  Triang front door, c1924-1930, missing knockers,

one broken hinge, some paint loss.

THIS DOOR IS NOW SOLD

233006174056  Four metal exterior window shutters, very badly

painted.

November 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

The above listings are going to be the last I put on eBay for the time being. The generously donated items - toys and miniatures - which I have sold on behalf of others have raised very nearly £400, but most of what's left is likely to cost much more to post than what they would sell for, and this is likely to put people off buying online.

Zoe has suggested that she and I have a DHP&P fundraising stall at the next Leeds Dolls’ House Fair. (This is the show which is known as “Pudsey” because that’s the area in Leeds where it’s held. The organisers donate a proportion of the proceeds from each fair to the BBC Children in Need appeal, because it shares the name of the CIN mascot). Zoe has had a stall selling her surplus miniatures at this fair, and one at Sedgefield, before and has done very well. I have approached the donors of the "eBay contributions" to ask if we could use what remains of their donations to help stock the stall - I didn’t want to abuse their generosity by altering the deal to sell on eBay without their consent. They have said yes!

November 14, 2018 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

There are a couple of disadvantages to the idea: the fair isn’t until April 20th next year, so it’s six months off, and it will only reach buyers in the north of England – although it is consistently well-attended, having been going for 33 years. People do travel a considerable distance to it from all the northern counties as well as South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the East Midlands. The cost of the stall (£70) should work out cheaper than paying eBay/PayPal fees. The six-month wait to sell isn’t much of an issue for us, because fund-raising will need to continue throughout the new site's lifetime to cover recurring hosting and maintenance costs.

[Bizarrely, the site wouldn't let me put the above paragraph in the previous post, so I've had to put it in separately!]

November 14, 2018 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Brooksey at November 14, 2018 at 10:01 PM

There are a couple of disadvantages to the idea: the fair isn’t until April 20th next year, so it’s six months off, and it will only reach buyers in the north of England – although it is consistently well-attended, having been going for 33 years. People do travel a considerable distance to it from all the northern counties as well as South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the East Midlands. The cost of the stall (£70) should work out cheaper than paying eBay/PayPal fees. The six-month wait to sell isn’t much of an issue for us, because fund-raising will need to continue throughout the new site's lifetime to cover recurring hosting and maintenance costs.

[Bizarrely, the site wouldn't let me put the above paragraph in the previous post, so I've had to put it in separately!]

Sounds like a great idea.  I've been promising myself to get down to Pudsey and, all being well, if I can get there in April, may I bring some of the bits still up for sale on this site and poss a few more?  Will pay some of the stall costs etc of course :)

--

November 15, 2018 at 3:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Donations of stock would be very welcome, Do - as yourself would be! It would be lovely to meet you.

Zoe and I wouldn't be asking for a contribution to the stall fee - it'll be paid out of the proceeds of the sales. 

November 15, 2018 at 5:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Brooksey at November 15, 2018 at 5:36 AM

Donations of stock would be very welcome, Do - as yourself would be! It would be lovely to meet you.

Zoe and I wouldn't be asking for a contribution to the stall fee - it'll be paid out of the proceeds of the sales. 

Agree very good idea.

November 15, 2018 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.