Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > eBay fundraising

Zoe H
Administrator

Zoe H at February 13, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Brooksey says: Jan - I'm really sorry that I hadn't responded to your question about still accepting miniatures to sell. I thought I had! I was thinking that I didn't dare accept any more for selling (at Pudsey) for the time being, because I've quite a lot of stock to take over to Leeds, by train, in April - I'll have a big suitcase and a large shopping trolley full. I now think I should accept them - I can be selective in what I pack if I've too much for the cases at the time!

If any of you are able to come to Leeds, Zoe and I shall be happy to accept donations of dolls' house miniatures or dolls' house dolls on the day to sell on the stall. The fair is held in Pudsey Civic Hall (just half a mile from New Pudsey railway station). It runs from 10.30am to 4pm, and admission is only £3.50. More info from MGM Fairs website:

https://www.mgmfairs.co.uk/leeds1.html

(I've had to access this topic from the admin-only "back end" of the website - I haven't been able to open the Forums from the front for 24 hours. By that route all I'm getting is the “Hmmm...” message. The back end won’t let me post though – I’ve had to email this to the other admins to see if one of them is able to post it on my behalf. Fingers crossed that most of you are able to see it. I know what’s affecting me isn’t a universal blackout because Zoe has been able to post this morning, but I don't know how many of you are, like me, locked out. I hope it’s temporary and rights itself soon!).

Brooksey, new donations of minis could come to me as I’m taking the car to Pudsey - it would save you lugging them across the country by train! 

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

February 14, 2019 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Thank you, Zoe - that makes sense!

(I'm still not able to view the Forums from the front - but the "back end" (admin-only access area of the site) is allowing me to post now!)

February 14, 2019 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Linda B at February 14, 2019 at 5:59 AM

I couldn't access it, but did by going to the forums and clicking on Zoe's post.

I can't get in by any route at the front - only the back end is working for me!

February 14, 2019 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

A quicker way is click on the member who posted last and then their last comment.

Not great but at least it works.

Wish I could come to Pudsey but 3 1/2 hours each way by train is a bit much Zoe :(

--

:)

February 14, 2019 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Linda B at February 14, 2019 at 5:26 PM

A quicker way is click on the member who posted last and then their last comment.

Not great but at least it works.

Wish I could come to Pudsey but 3 1/2 hours each way by train is a bit much Zoe :(

Thanks for that tip, Linda - it worked!

Yes, 3 1/2 hours is a bit much - and that's without the delays which seem to be inevitable on the UK rail network, these days :(

February 15, 2019 at 5:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Just a quick update. The new site continues to progress, albeit a little slowly. There are so many little decisions to be made and of course Rebecca, Brooksey, Edel and I are making them by consensus which takes time, especially with time-zone differences.  But we are definitely getting there and I have another meeting with the web developer tomorrow afternoon. I’ll let you know as soon as there’s something to report - hopefully something more exciting! 

--

Zoe

February 18, 2019 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Zoe H at February 13, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Brooksey says: Jan - I'm really sorry that I hadn't responded to your question about still accepting miniatures to sell. I thought I had! I was thinking that I didn't dare accept any more for selling (at Pudsey) for the time being, because I've quite a lot of stock to take over to Leeds, by train, in April - I'll have a big suitcase and a large shopping trolley full. I now think I should accept them - I can be selective in what I pack if I've too much for the cases at the time!

If any of you are able to come to Leeds, Zoe and I shall be happy to accept donations of dolls' house miniatures or dolls' house dolls on the day to sell on the stall. The fair is held in Pudsey Civic Hall (just half a mile from New Pudsey railway station). It runs from 10.30am to 4pm, and admission is only £3.50. More info from MGM Fairs website:

https://www.mgmfairs.co.uk/leeds1.html

(I've had to access this topic from the admin-only "back end" of the website - I haven't been able to open the Forums from the front for 24 hours. By that route all I'm getting is the “Hmmm...” message. The back end won’t let me post though – I’ve had to email this to the other admins to see if one of them is able to post it on my behalf. Fingers crossed that most of you are able to see it. I know what’s affecting me isn’t a universal blackout because Zoe has been able to post this morning, but I don't know how many of you are, like me, locked out. I hope it’s temporary and rights itself soon!).

Hi Zoe, thank you for message from Brooksey, unable to visit Leeds so will hang on to the pieces I have for your future sales, thank you for the link to the fundraiser page.

February 22, 2019 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Hi Everyone, another quick update just to keep you in the picture. We’re still progressing well towards our new site. We continue to have a plethora of little decisions to make and content to review and agree, but we are inching ever nearer. Thank you for your patience and continued support - it’s greatly appreciated.  

--

Zoe

March 2, 2019 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Zoe H at March 2, 2019 at 7:22 AM

Hi Everyone, another quick update just to keep you in the picture. We’re still progressing well towards our new site. We continue to have a plethora of little decisions to make and content to review and agree, but we are inching ever nearer. Thank you for your patience and continued support - it’s greatly appreciated.  

Thanks so much for the update.  You 'guys' must be exhausted with the decision and review process and tweaks can drive you crazy.  All the best to all of you - it's all going to be wonderful!

dfc

--

March 3, 2019 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeanette
I had rather disappeared for a long while from here due to real life raising it's head, but I'm so glad to see all the activity taking place and lots of you still around. I haven't even opened my own dolls house since way last year but I may be tempted today...I send my best wishes to all of you xxx
--

March 3, 2019 at 4:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Work on the new site continues but there’s still a way to go. Sorry there’s no exciting news yet but we’re getting ever nearer, I promise! Thank you for your continued patience and thank you too for recent donations, we’re creeping ever nearer to our target thanks to your continued support. 

https://fundrazr.com/c1NSU4?ref=ab_3bRR0ZyfgAI3bRR0ZyfgAI

Lovely to see you back here, Jeanette - I hope you did get to do some dolls’ housing in the end. x

--

Zoe

March 18, 2019 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Thanks to Zoe for the last update. I've just posted this on the FundRazr site, which I'm repeating here, for anyone who hasn't seen it -

Greetings from Brooksey, at coming up to midday in the UK. Thank you very much to all our contributors over the last 35 weeks! With 84% of our original goal raised, it's time for an update:

Progress continues on the development of the website - it has just entered its fourth and final stage. The DHP&P admins now have a live link to the developing site within Purple Creative Studios, which allows us to navigate around the work-in-progress. We think it's looking pretty good! Zoe and I have a meeting with Andrew Birks, the PCS Creative Director this coming Wednesday afternoon, so we can find out a little bit more on how it will work from the admin side.

We have just paid the Stage 3 invoice to PCS (£1473.76) for the work completed so far, so it's also time for an up-to-date Financial Statement -

from the £8400.00 raised so far, £6589.92 - 90% of the total cost - has been paid to PCS for the first three stages of the work. The final payment will be £731.88, which becomes payable when the site is ready to go live.

additionally, £379.51 has been paid in PayPal and WePay fees for processing the contribution payments, and eBay selling fees.

this leaves the present balance at £1430.57. This will reduce to £708.69 after the final payment to PCS has been made for the development costs. Much of this sum will be needed to pay for ongoing technical support, and other maintenance costs.

Just a reminder that Zoe and I will be having a stall at the Leeds Dolls House Show, Pudsey Civic Hall, Pudsey, on April 20th. We'll be selling lots of donated miniatures and all proceeds will go to the Fund. Please join us if you can!

March 26, 2019 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Brooksey at March 26, 2019 at 8:06 AM

Thanks to Zoe for the last update. I've just posted this on the FundRazr site, which I'm repeating here, for anyone who hasn't seen it -

Greetings from Brooksey, at coming up to midday in the UK. Thank you very much to all our contributors over the last 35 weeks! With 84% of our original goal raised, it's time for an update:

Progress continues on the development of the website - it has just entered its fourth and final stage. The DHP&P admins now have a live link to the developing site within Purple Creative Studios, which allows us to navigate around the work-in-progress. We think it's looking pretty good! Zoe and I have a meeting with Andrew Birks, the PCS Creative Director this coming Wednesday afternoon, so we can find out a little bit more on how it will work from the admin side.

We have just paid the Stage 3 invoice to PCS (£1473.76) for the work completed so far, so it's also time for an up-to-date Financial Statement -

from the £8400.00 raised so far, £6589.92 - 90% of the total cost - has been paid to PCS for the first three stages of the work. The final payment will be £731.88, which becomes payable when the site is ready to go live.

additionally, £379.51 has been paid in PayPal and WePay fees for processing the contribution payments, and eBay selling fees.

this leaves the present balance at £1430.57. This will reduce to £708.69 after the final payment to PCS has been made for the development costs. Much of this sum will be needed to pay for ongoing technical support, and other maintenance costs.

Just a reminder that Zoe and I will be having a stall at the Leeds Dolls House Show, Pudsey Civic Hall, Pudsey, on April 20th. We'll be selling lots of donated miniatures and all proceeds will go to the Fund. Please join us if you can!

Thank you for the update Brooksey.

March 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Thank you all for the hard work and updates, much appreciated

March 26, 2019 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

How I look forward to the launch of the new site!!! Good selling at Pudsey, I hope.

April 4, 2019 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

It's very exciting now we're so near to the launch!

--

April 7, 2019 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.