Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > eBay fundraising

Judy C

Oh I will.... keeping everything crossed. :)

--

January 3, 2019 at 3:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Rebecca - as site owner could you perhaps, like the Queen, give us a little insight as to where it  is with all our the hard-earned donations that have made it's survival possible. I am missing the site more than I could have believed - yes, there are other groups out there but the format of DHPP is so easy and friendly - and there is always the straying off the straight and narrow once on Facebook - and hours vanished, when looking for DH chat there. Please give us an update - I think we need that for our flagging morale.

January 16, 2019 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Rosemary at January 16, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Rebecca - as site owner could you perhaps, like the Queen, give us a little insight as to where it  is with all our the hard-earned donations that have made it's survival possible. I am missing the site more than I could have believed - yes, there are other groups out there but the format of DHPP is so easy and friendly - and there is always the straying off the straight and narrow once on Facebook - and hours vanished, when looking for DH chat there. Please give us an update - I think we need that for our flagging morale.

Fear not, Rosemary! A flurry of actiity began yesterday and we're all working hard to answer questions, provide information, text etc for the new site which is finally coming together. It shouldn't be too long now. We'll report back when there is more news. :)

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

January 17, 2019 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Three resounding cheers from Greconville!

January 17, 2019 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

Thank you Zoe.

January 17, 2019 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Thanks so much for the info -  this is getting exciting :)

--

January 18, 2019 at 3:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Thank you, Zoe, for allaying Rosemary's fears! I've just posted the following update on the FundrRazr page. It's a brief Treasurer's Report, as well, to let you all know the current state of the fund. I've copied it here, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

"Thank you very much to our New Year contributors. It's most gratifying to see the fund continue to grow. After deductions for PayPal and WePay fees, and the two payments we have made so far to Purple Creative Studios, the net amount in the fund is currently £2,713.96. From that, we still have to pay Purple Creative just under £2200 for the final two stages of the design and development costs. This leaves about £515.00 towards the continuing support and maintenance costs or the addition of photo tagging (approx £3000.00).

I am happy to report that the development of the new site is progressing very well. This last week, Rebecca and the three administrators (Zoe, Edel and me) were asked to submit content for/comment on/approve some of the key pages for the new site. Zoe will be having a site meeting at Purple Creative's offices this coming week, so will be able to see these pages "in the flesh". It shouldn't be too long now before the site is ready to test online. It's all tremendously exciting!"

January 19, 2019 at 6:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

I’m pleased to report that I’m off to see Phil and Andrew at Purple Creative Studios on Tuesday afternoon next week. I’m so excited to be the lucky person who will see the new site working for the first time! I will report back ASAP......:D:D:D

--

Zoe

January 31, 2019 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jenny

Wonderful news!! Thank you so much for your time and effort!!

February 2, 2019 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Hi all, hope things are going well with the new site, not done much dolls housing myself, Brooksey are you still accepting miniatures for the fund.

February 4, 2019 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

How was your visit to Purple Creative Studios yesterday Zoe?  I imagine it must have been so exciting to see the progress.  

--

February 6, 2019 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Test ZH

Michaela at February 6, 2019 at 12:28 PM

How was your visit to Purple Creative Studios yesterday Zoe?  I imagine it must have been so exciting to see the progress.  

The visit went great thank you, Michaela, and yes, it was just brilliant to see the new site in operation for the first time!

I am just now in the process of feeding back to Rebecca, Brooksey and Edel as we still have a little more content/wording to provide so that we can launch with a properly ready, welcoming site that makes sense and works smoothly.  But nearly all the functionality is there now and everything I saw was excellent. 

To summarise, I would say that being on our new site still feels like being on the DHP&P site we know and love, but with greatly updated functionality and feel.  I think it's nice and clear and easy to navigate around.  It will be nice and easy for anyone who wants to participate with in forums, uploading photos and adding comments. And of course, all of this will be available to everyone, regardless of the type of device they are using (PC, Laptop, tablet or mobile phone) and for Apple and android devices. Hoorah! 

I have to say that I think there are still a few more weeks of finishing off to go, so I don't think we'll be seeing it live until next month at the earliest now, which is a little disappointing for us all I'm sure, but please hang on in there everyone, it WILL be worth it! :-D

February 6, 2019 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

It sounds so exciting  Zoe and it's only a short amount of time to wait now.  Just hearing all this about it is thrilling and it will be well worth waiting for.  Thank you so much for the update.

--

February 6, 2019 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

I was just looking for the link to our FundRazr page and it took ages to track down, so I thought I’d just add it here again as a reminder/quick link for myself and others. I will remember to bookmark it this time...!

There has been so much astounding generosity from both members and non-members, but don’t forget, we still have a little more to raise to achieve our photo category/tagging ambitions and every little helps! xx

https://fundrazr.com/c1NSU4?ref=ab_5N7D8IN

February 7, 2019 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Sounds absolutely wonderful.  Many thanks to the team for all the hard work

--

February 7, 2019 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Elizabeth J

Thank you for the update, Zoe. It must be very exciting to be watching the progress of DHPP Mark 2. Just a little longer to wait and a little more money to raise !

--

February 7, 2019 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Jan at February 4, 2019 at 8:45 AM

Hi all, hope things are going well with the new site, not done much dolls housing myself, Brooksey are you still accepting miniatures for the fund.

eBay selling ‘for the cause’ is suspended at the moment, Jan. However, Brooksey and I are hoping to have a DHP&P stall at Leeds Dolls’ House/Pudsey fair in April to sell the remainder of  the minis very kindly donated. I know that some members won’t be within striking distance of Leeds but if you are, please put the date - Saturday 20th April - in your diary as we’d love to see you there!

--

Zoe

February 13, 2019 at 3:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Brooksey says: Jan - I'm really sorry that I hadn't responded to your question about still accepting miniatures to sell. I thought I had! I was thinking that I didn't dare accept any more for selling (at Pudsey) for the time being, because I've quite a lot of stock to take over to Leeds, by train, in April - I'll have a big suitcase and a large shopping trolley full. I now think I should accept them - I can be selective in what I pack if I've too much for the cases at the time!

If any of you are able to come to Leeds, Zoe and I shall be happy to accept donations of dolls' house miniatures or dolls' house dolls on the day to sell on the stall. The fair is held in Pudsey Civic Hall (just half a mile from New Pudsey railway station). It runs from 10.30am to 4pm, and admission is only £3.50. More info from MGM Fairs website:

https://www.mgmfairs.co.uk/leeds1.html

(I've had to access this topic from the admin-only "back end" of the website - I haven't been able to open the Forums from the front for 24 hours. By that route all I'm getting is the “Hmmm...” message. The back end won’t let me post though – I’ve had to email this to the other admins to see if one of them is able to post it on my behalf. Fingers crossed that most of you are able to see it. I know what’s affecting me isn’t a universal blackout because Zoe has been able to post this morning, but I don't know how many of you are, like me, locked out. I hope it’s temporary and rights itself soon!).

February 13, 2019 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

I couldn't access it, but did by going to the forums and clicking on Zoe's post.

--

:)

February 14, 2019 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Linda B at February 14, 2019 at 5:59 AM

I couldn't access it, but did by going to the forums and clicking on Zoe's post.

Pleased to hear it’s not just me on my own now, Linda! 

--

Zoe

February 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.