Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > eBay fundraising

cestina

I have just tried once again to update my signature, to no avail!  I will now just paste the url here and hope for the best.  Grrrr as the bears would say!  https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2018/11/bear-necessities.html

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

November 29, 2018 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

All very quiet - is there any news of progress on the future site?

December 1, 2018 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

The work continues. The developers are plugging away at actually building the site. This was always going to take time, and we weren't expecting progress reports at this stage, because, unlike looking at page designs, there's nothing to see just now other than line after line of code - too technical to mean anything to most of us. Purple Creative Studio are still well within the time of 8 - 12 weeks they quoted for delivering the project.

December 2, 2018 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Thanks for that update, Brooksey.

December 3, 2018 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

It's nearly Christmas, dare I ask !!!!!!!!

December 13, 2018 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Jan at December 13, 2018 at 8:47 AM

It's nearly Christmas, dare I ask !!!!!!!!

Hi Jan,

Funny you should ask today because I asked for an update from Purple Creative only yesterday and got the following reply:

”Web project is on track (for us at least) with some of the smaller elements, such as the skin template builds, are done or being worked on and we have been modelling some styling for the forum layout within the skin designs.

Back-end CMS install, to the Hosting platform, is done (just to get it out the way) but there's nothing yet that can really be seen as its all development work.

There were a few projects in front of it that Kieran, who is assigned to your project, needed to complete one of which was another Forum site so this was a great test-bed for your system.

I am using the quite period between Christmas and New Year to go through the content more closely so expect a flurry of emails as things start to ramp up then.

Once we get into the New Year (we are back on 2nd January) yours in first on Kieran's task list to start the actual build work.

It should then only be a couple of weeks before we are ready to move to the Staging server to be able to share with you, when a meeting here might be helpful...”

So unfortunately it won’t be up by Christmas, but hopefully it won’t be too long into the new year, though it sounds to me like February would be more realistic than January.

I can’t wait! It’s so quiet on here as the site has worn us all down I guess and we’re all waiting with baited breath for the new one. At least the end is in sight now.......

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

December 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

christine jaeger

it will be a christmas gift to ourselves... :D

--

christine xx

December 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

I will be on a cruise in the new year when the new site begins then, so I will wish you all the best now and look foreword to mid march when I'm home and can catch up. 

December 14, 2018 at 3:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Thank you for the update Zoe, 

December 14, 2018 at 5:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Yes, thanks for the update.

I have been looking regularly but not commenting.

I AM here !!!!

I am busy doing up my Barton model house that I finally picked up from my brothers house.

Now I have had my cataract op I can see what I am doing so much better, lol

--

:)

December 14, 2018 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

Thrilling news Zoe, much looking forward to it.

In the meantime just to say that Part III of the Bear Trilogy is up on my blog. I have given up trying to change my signature so here is the link on this now all-purpose thread!  

https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2018/12/i-cant-bear-christmas.html

Season's greetings to everyone!

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

December 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Linda B at December 14, 2018 at 1:28 PM

Yes, thanks for the update.

I have been looking regularly but not commenting.

I AM here !!!!

I am busy doing up my Barton model house that I finally picked up from my brothers house.

Now I have had my cataract op I can see what I am doing so much better, lol

That's good news Linda in time for the new site.

December 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jenny

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Christmas. I hope you all get lots of Dolls House goodies which hopefully you can share with us on the new website. Best Wishes. Jenny xxxx 

December 23, 2018 at 5:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Thank you Jan.

Sight is so important, especially with our hobby, and as a thank you I am going to sponsor a guide dog.

I would like to wish everyone, where ever in the world you may be, a very Happy Christmas xxxx

--

:)

December 23, 2018 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

A Merry Christmas to one and all and a very happy and healthy New Year from up Northumberland way :D

--

December 23, 2018 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Especially you, Do, after your little scare! I was unable to comment on your blog but so glad you are hopefully, better now.

December 23, 2018 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Rosemary at December 23, 2018 at 1:02 PM

Especially you, Do, after your little scare! I was unable to comment on your blog but so glad you are hopefully, better now.

Hi Rosemary, and many thanks for the good wishes.  Getting stronger every day and hoping we can bottom-out the underlying rubbish in the new year :)

Have a good seasonal break and a great new year!

All the very best

dfc

--

December 24, 2018 at 5:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Seasons Greetings to everyone,

December 27, 2018 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy C

I had no idea this site is still doing so well.

Happy new year everyone, :) and special thanks to those who are fighting so hard to establish the new site.

--

January 1, 2019 at 5:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Thank you, Judy! I feel that we're hanging on by the skin of our teeth here, but work on the new site is progressing well. Watch this space!

January 1, 2019 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.