Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Fundraising website

Susanne.G.

Hi Jan, no, sorry it wasn't me. I haven't posted any 'for sale' items yet.

August 25, 2018 at 7:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Diane - I  got it posted today, Saturday.

August 25, 2018 at 9:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Susanne.G. at August 25, 2018 at 6:48 AM

Hi everyone, after a long absence I'm back, and after following discussion/solutions for the site glitches I succeeded in loading 2 images, but they are upside down,and the rotate function isn't working. Any ideas?  Also, I want to donate some items for the website cause.

Hi Susanne - it's lovely to hear from you again!

There's nothing you can do about rotating your photos. That is one of the functions which has been defunct for a long time. We've got used to standing on our heads or lying on our sides to view wonky photos!

(I'm assuming that the upside-down photos were in your now empty album,"TBC"? Please upload them again. So many of us can't post photos at all, now, we're grateful for anything, no matter in what orientation, we're so deprived!).

August 25, 2018 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Susanne.G. at August 25, 2018 at 7:20 AM

Hi Jan, no, sorry it wasn't me. I haven't posted any 'for sale' items yet.

O.K Thanks Susanne.

August 25, 2018 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Susanne.G.

Brooksey at August 25, 2018 at 10:57 AM

Hi everyone, after a long absence I'm back, and after following discussion/solutions for the site glitches I succeeded in loading 2 images, but they are upside down,and the rotate function isn't working. Any ideas?  Also, I want to donate some items for the website cause.

There's nothing you can do about rotating your photos. That is one of the functions which has been defunct for a long time. We've got used to standing on our heads or lying on our sides to view wonky photos!

(I'm assuming that the upside-down photos were in your now empty album,"TBC"? Please upload them again. So many of us can't post photos at all, now, we're grateful for anything, no matter in what orientation, we're so deprived!).

Thanks for the welcome, Brooksey!  I did manage to upload after I retook the photos on my camera rather than my phone and they're in the 'Gottschalk Room Box' folder in the 'Room Boxes' category. I will be adding others into the 'TBC' one. I also managed to get messages via the comments too. However I don't seem to be able to create a new topic on the forum because the CAPTCHA isn't working for me. Hence posting on the tail end of this topic.

August 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Susanne.G. at August 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM

Brooksey at August 25, 2018 at 10:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Brooksey!  I did manage to upload after I retook the photos on my camera rather than my phone and they're in the 'Gottschalk Room Box' folder in the 'Room Boxes' category. I will be adding others into the 'TBC' one. I also managed to get messages via the comments too. However I don't seem to be able to create a new topic on the forum because the CAPTCHA isn't working for me. Hence posting on the tail end of this topic.

CAPTCHA frequently doesn't work properly these days - it's often hit and miss whether members can post - and many people find that they can't create a new topic. That's why this one, and one or two others, are so long! 

August 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

Rebecca has kindly listed some crochet bedspreads that I have made for the Fund Razr.  I can make any size to order.

--

Valerie Towers

August 27, 2018 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

The Fund has just smashed through the £6000.00 barrier!

August 28, 2018 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

HOORAY!

--

Valerie Towers

August 29, 2018 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

That is great but we are late in finding out which web designer is going to revive the site,  Rebecca, which one is it to be?

August 29, 2018 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I have just posted a new blog post in which I flag up the fund-raising in the hope that some non-dolls house people who follow me may contribute a little to the fund.

I have also tried to change my signature yet again so this is also a test to see if it has worked. I am not holding my breath!

PS Well I'm blowed, it worked!

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2018/11/bear-with-me.html" target="_blank">Bear with me

August 29, 2018 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Gil, thank you for highlighting our appeal in your blog!

(It was lovely reading about the making of Rose's birthday gift, as well. Like the others who've commented there, I can't believe that it is already two years since you were describing the present made for Rose's 99th birthday). 

August 30, 2018 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Rosemary at August 29, 2018 at 2:36 PM

That is great but we are late in finding out which web designer is going to revive the site,  Rebecca, which one is it to be?

I've just posted this as part of my weekly Update on the FundRazr page. I know that some of you will have received it by email from the campaign, but I'm posting it here, too, to reach all members:

Negotiations are continuing to find the best website developer for our needs, but we are now getting close. The firm from Perth, Australia, is no longer in the running - their interim estimate of the cost was a fairly imprecise 30,000 - 50,000 Australian dollars, roughly £17,000 - 28,000, which is considerably higher than the other two and too expensive for us to consider. We are now waiting for clarification on some points in the proposal from one of the UK-based firms, which Rebecca submitted to them yesterday. The document requires careful scrutiny, which will take time, but we expect to have their response within a week or so. It is important not to rush this process. Getting the details right should ensure that everything we need for the new site to function as we want is covered!

August 30, 2018 at 3:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Many thanks for the update it's much appreciated.  Here's fingers crossed for the negotiations/discussions and outcome :)

--

August 30, 2018 at 7:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Maddy

Hello Brooksey (and any other Administrators who might be able to help me, please).  I have tried to reply to you via the long address you sent but I can only get a site that says it is an error.  I’m sure it is my ignorance but I am trying to answer your question re. my houses.

Cambridge Place was bought as The Country Store in 2003. DHE

Rowan Lodge was bought as Holme Lodge a few years later.  DHE.

Thornwood Cottage was bought as Hollyhock Cottage some years later.  It is a Wonham kit.

Sorry I can’t help on the dates you need.

i do so hope this information gets to you!  

August 30, 2018 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Maddy at August 30, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Hello Brooksey (and any other Administrators who might be able to help me, please).  I have tried to reply to you via the long address you sent but I can only get a site that says it is an error.  I’m sure it is my ignorance but I am trying to answer your question re. my houses.

Cambridge Place was bought as The Country Store in 2003. DHE

Rowan Lodge was bought as Holme Lodge a few years later.  DHE.

Thornwood Cottage was bought as Hollyhock Cottage some years later.  It is a Wonham kit.

Sorry I can’t help on the dates you need.

i do so hope this information gets to you!  

Thank you, Maddy. The Private Message system sometimes works for me and all too often it doesn't, so thank you for replying via this Forum which (so far, touch wood!) is reliable.

I have just posted photos in the Gallery on the FundRazr page of a selection of dolls houses from 1900 to very recently (your three Maddy!) as decade by decade examples of the diversity of the houses which may be seen on this site.

August 30, 2018 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Maddy

Thank you, Brooksey, for answering so quickly.  I have emailed both DHE and Wonham for the other info.

August 30, 2018 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

How weird - I have a fully up-to-date and working sidebar this morning!

I was hoping that that might mean that I could re-order the Photo Gallery landing page, but I'm disappointed - no joy there.

August 31, 2018 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

I just wanted to say that every time I look at the FundRazr page it makes me proud to be part of this wonderful band of ‘dolls’ housers’ - a group of passionate and committed people, showing amazing personal and collective determination to keep our site going. Dolls’ House Warriors of the world unite and the prize is in sight! xxxxx

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

September 4, 2018 at 9:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

It's such a fantastic site Zoe put together by all members I'm sure we are all so grateful to have the chance of a new site.

September 5, 2018 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.