Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Fundraising website

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Brooksey has set up a brilliant crowdfunding page for us to raise money to pay website developers to create a new website for us - Please help to save Dolls Houses Past & Present!

Or if that link doesn't work, copy and paste this url:

https://fundrazr.com/c1NSU4?ref=ab_5N7D8IN

I will email it out to all members, and post it in dolls house groups on facebook. Please share it with any members or other dolls house enthusiasts you know - or friends and family who would like to chip in a bit in the interests of keeping us sane! :D

--

Rebecca :)

July 18, 2018 at 4:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Elizabeth J

Contribution made ! I can actually look forward to another magazine, maybe even in 2018 ?

--

July 18, 2018 at 5:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Hopefully, Elizabeth! I would like to have a new one for when we launch the new website, as well as all the archived issues!

--

July 18, 2018 at 6:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Great, but went to donate and wondered why they require my postal address.  Anyone know, please?

--

July 18, 2018 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

theinfill.wordpress.com at July 18, 2018 at 6:21 AM

Great, but went to donate and wondered why they require my postal address.  Anyone know, please?

Usually payment processing companies do require the address linked to the form of payment. I don't think FundRazr would store the address or the payment information - that would go through the credit card, paypal or whatever.

--

July 18, 2018 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dolls House Restoration

Wowzer £10k. Have they given a full break down of the costs?

--

Follow me

Facebook: Dollshouserestoration http://www.facebook.com/Dollshouserestoration 

Twitter @dollshouseman 

July 18, 2018 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Rebecca Green at July 18, 2018 at 6:55 AM

theinfill.wordpress.com at July 18, 2018 at 6:21 AM

Usually payment processing companies do require the address linked to the form of payment. I don't think FundRazr would store the address or the payment information - that would go through the credit card, paypal or whatever.

Many thanks, I must have just forgotten since last I used a funding site.

:)

--

July 18, 2018 at 7:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Dolls House Restoration at July 18, 2018 at 6:56 AM

Wowzer £10k. Have they given a full break down of the costs?

We supplied a long list of required features, and they have given an estimate based on that. The actual quotes will be itemised, so we will be able to see how much each feature costs! :D

--

July 18, 2018 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill
It's quite fascinating to watch the total advance.
July 18, 2018 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Val Hill at July 18, 2018 at 12:53 PM

It's quite fascinating to watch the total advance.

So glad we may be on the move. I haven't been able to access the site for weeks but tried again and got called away from the laptop after twenty minutes. When I got back it had loaded, at last! I got the email and donated this morning but can't get back in to find out how the campaign is doing. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that we reach our target but, if I am locked out of here again, hope to see you all on a sparkly new site very soon!

--

July 18, 2018 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed today! I've been in contact with FundRazr customer support - they do reply and are helpful, unlike Webs! - and I'm hoping that PayPal will soon be added as a payment option to our campaign page.

[Communication with FundRazr is a little slow, because they're in Vancouver, Canada - eight hours behind me in the UK].

July 18, 2018 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Are we getting quotes from more than one web designer?

July 19, 2018 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Rosemary at July 19, 2018 at 4:09 AM

Are we getting quotes from more than one web designer?

Yes, we have asked for quotes from 3 medium-sized companies. We could ask for more, if we're not satisfied with them ....

--

July 19, 2018 at 4:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

PayPal is now live on FundRazr! Its customer support does what it says!

July 19, 2018 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

So glad to hear that - I think some people were worried because they could not use PayPal.

July 20, 2018 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I have copied the following post from the Topic More frustration! into this one:

On July 22, 2018 at 8.23AM, Rosemary said:

The fund raising has now nearly reached one quarter of what is needed. I would be happy to sell some of my surplus mini furniture and donate proceeds to the fund but ebay - having changed the format YET AGAIN - is not very nice to use and gobbles up profits with the charges. However there is a dh site that lets you advertise your dh items for free. I bought recently from this site using paypal as I didn't feel so secure on buying if anything went wrong. It didn't and I should have been confident that nearly every person selling minis usually comes up trumps. So I am wondering if we sold unwanted items in this way we could individually raise money for the DHPP cause. Just an idea. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Of couse we have this facility on this site already but is it working - and how many people can view it anyway? But perhaps worth a try for a start. But I can't post photos on to this site and neither can lots of others but I can on the For Sale one on Facebook.

July 22, 2018 at 6:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Rebecca and the administrators have been thinking about other ways of raising money, Rosemary, and selling surplus miniatures is one suggestion which has come up.

You're right, of course about access to the in-house Free Ads album - I'm sure that most of us can't post there now.

July 22, 2018 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Brooksey at July 22, 2018 at 6:26 AM

Rebecca and the administrators have been thinking about other ways of raising money, Rosemary, and selling surplus miniatures is one suggestion which has come up.

You're right, of course about access to the in-house Free Ads album - I'm sure that most of us can't post there now.

Have been thinking of ways to raise some cash, also was wondering will there be ongoing yearly charges once the site is set up, 

July 22, 2018 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Just thought instead of just for sale, could we raffle the items, that would raise more.

July 22, 2018 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

We could enter by paying the seller via PayPal, Have a draw for the winner then the seller pay the total amount to fundrazr. A number could be given out in order of payment.

July 22, 2018 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.