Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > anyone recognise

Trumble's Mum

This bungalow on Ebay?

Item number 163067575034

It reminds me of the Victory Nelsons - but that might just be because Rebecca mentioned them in a post today. Do you think it is home made? It looks bigger than the ones I've seen before and has the same style window and door as my VN. The curved corners on the porch is just like it too.

--

May 28, 2018 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja

Sorry to hijack this but cannot start a new thread & this has the most appropriate name!

Did anyone on here buy this lot from 1818 auctioneers at Milnthorpe today 

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/1818-auctioneers/catalogue-id-sr1810230/lot-214c697b-faa9-4c7b-aa4d-a94c0111573b

I was bidding but it went beyond my budget, but I do hope someone on here got it because I would love to see what happens to the house & if it is what I thought it might be :)

September 10, 2018 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I am jumping on this topic too, since I can't start a new one, to ask a question.  When buying items from the USA which is the best Paypal option to pay? Bank,or credit card? By best, I mean the one that involves least extra charges! I rarely buy from USA as pound so cheap but just sometimes I can be tempted but don't want to add to cost if it can be avoided.

September 11, 2018 at 2:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Rosemary at September 11, 2018 at 2:58 AM

I am jumping on this topic too, since I can't start a new one, to ask a question.  When buying items from the USA which is the best Paypal option to pay? Bank,or credit card? By best, I mean the one that involves least extra charges! I rarely buy from USA as pound so cheap but just sometimes I can be tempted but don't want to add to cost if it can be avoided.

I don't think that it matters, Rosemary. As far as I know, the PayPal exchange rate on the day is the same whatever method is used to fund the transaction. PayPal's US dollar/GB pound exchange rates vary from day to day, in line with the currencies' values on the international money markets. As with any other method of buying currency, PayPal then charges a currency conversion fee on the transaction. This is currently 3.5% to convert US dollars to British pounds, and vice versa.

September 11, 2018 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Thanks, Brooksey. I wasn't sure if the Credit card company charged anything - or the bank.

September 11, 2018 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Did you hear Saturday Live just now, and the lady trying to get back her childhood Lines 70 house which somehow got sold at the SAS sale without her realising? If any member did manage to buy it, could they contact her through the BBC website? She has had no luck so far with a letter passed on by the auctioneers. Or failing that, does anyone have a number 70 which they would be willing to part with? I can't even access our photograph archive today. And I realise this is not the place to put this, but can't start a new topic.

--

Liza Antrim

September 15, 2018 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Liza at September 15, 2018 at 5:45 AM

Did you hear Saturday Live just now, and the lady trying to get back her childhood Lines 70 house which somehow got sold at the SAS sale without her realising? If any member did manage to buy it, could they contact her through the BBC website? She has had no luck so far with a letter passed on by the auctioneers. Or failing that, does anyone have a number 70 which they would be willing to part with? I can't even access our photograph archive today. And I realise this is not the place to put this, but can't start a new topic.

This was raised in this Forum a month ago. It's here:

https://www.dollshousespastandpresent.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13485804-g-j-lines-no-70-at-sas-march-auction

No member claimed ownership or knowledge of this house's whereabouts at the time.

I haven't been able to access the Photo Gallery for about 12 hours - it suddenly stopped responding for me last night, when I was part-way through an album. I do hope it comes back, otherwise our greatest fear will have been realised - the irretrievable loss of our photographic archives!

(I'm off out now - last match of the season for our local cricket team. Back later!).

September 15, 2018 at 6:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Oh, silly me. I hadn't put two and two together!

--

Liza Antrim

September 15, 2018 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Fingers crossed that this is not the Final Crash.....I am unable to see any photos either from about 8 a.m. today.

September 15, 2018 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

It's not working for me either, fingers crossed that this is just yet another temporary glitch

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

September 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja

I'm hoping I can post this as I have come across a lovely Triang Half Stockbroker houses for sale but I have been specifically banned from buying any more by hubby. I asked owners permission to post so here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/191981044764047/?surface=messenger_banner

I enquired about posting & she would potentially be willing to look into a courier so I hope someone on here falls in love & buys it so I can see it when we get our new home... 

September 20, 2018 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.