Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > More frustration!

Rosemary

Time to leave? I have just had a good and thorough tidy-up and realise that the 1/12 village has masses more amenities than my real life place. I have no more room for any more houses, is this the end of the road for me and my collection? Is this time for a new hobby?I seem to have ended up in a cul-de-sac. Sell and be damned? Keep the drawer full?

July 14, 2018 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Surely not you're not being serious, Rosemary! Even if there's no more space for houses, there's always room for a few more choice pieces of furniture to be swapped in and out, and lovely accessories can be added ad infinitum. You've masses of play potential with what you've got - and hopefully, we will have a new site before too much longer, which will allow you to display your amazing collection and story-telling creative talents again. 

July 15, 2018 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Good heavens, Rosemary, you have a superb collection of items, knowledge and expertise - take a couple of deep intakes of air and hold on tight :/

--

July 15, 2018 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Oh dear - the site is a bit like the Marie Celeste, drifting with nothing happening...I can't add pictures of new aquisitions - yes, you can ignore my previous thoughts on time to stop.....as if!

The Grecons are sulking as they love the acting and posing and there is none to be done with no outlet, although they sneak a couple of snapshots on to Zoe's Grecon site. Not sure if perhaps that site is meant more for serious footwork, the metal sort - rather than the frivilous posturing of Little People (They hate that term, and think it almost racist ) but they are willing slaves to the camera and publicity and they have to break out somewhere, sometime, or they will die of boredom. As I will until we get active again!

July 17, 2018 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Rosemary at July 17, 2018 at 3:42 AM

Oh dear - the site is a bit like the Marie Celeste, drifting with nothing happening...I can't add pictures of new aquisitions - yes, you can ignore my previous thoughts on time to stop.....as if!

The Grecons are sulking as they love the acting and posing and there is none to be done with no outlet, although they sneak a couple of snapshots on to Zoe's Grecon site. Not sure if perhaps that site is meant more for serious footwork, the metal sort - rather than the frivilous posturing of Little People (They hate that term, and think it almost racist ) but they are willing slaves to the camera and publicity and they have to break out somewhere, sometime, or they will die of boredom. As I will until we get active again!

:D

--

July 17, 2018 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Rosemary at July 17, 2018 at 3:42 AM

Frivolous posturing is more than welcome, especially by Greconvillians! 

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

July 17, 2018 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Thank you. They are ecstatic!!!!

July 17, 2018 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

I'm waiting patiently, 

July 17, 2018 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary you have a large house you said in your garage, could you start work on it in this good weather.

July 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

I really feel for Rebecca as I think she is trying so hard and dealing with developers can be a nightmare if you aren't very techy minded.

I also feel for all you ladies who are getting frustrated by the wait. If you really all can't bear the agony of waiting why doesn't someone set up a free forum just so people can chat and keep the enthusiasm going until this site is properly reborn. (The interim forum could be closed down then)

Anyone with the time to spare could do it very simply at the press of a button here:

https://www.proboards.com/free-forum-features.

As easy or easier than setting up a basic blog as the template is pre-formatted. I suggested it to Rebecca a while ago but I think she is more focussed on the long picture than interim measures.

The free version would mean suffering ads no doubt but it would at least keep people together and give them a purpose whilst waiting for the new site. 

If I had more time I would but I have just started a major new non dh project that is going to keep me very busy. As once the forum is up like any forum it would need someone to be an administrator, if anyone has a techy son or daughter perhaps they could set it up in your name and give you administration rights.

Anyone can set up a forum for free with Proboards and they allow you to post photos and all sorts.

It would have its flaws and wouldn't be perfect but sometimes I think people can get so bogged down by perfection they lose sight of the bigger picture. The most important thing is that the community continues to exist in whatever shape or form. It is like a little Dolls House universe that needs to keep existing :) We all need to watch out for those big black holes!

Anyway if I was the ruler of the Dolls House Universe that is what I would do. Sorry gone all sci fi geek now think Ming the Merciless ha ha.

July 17, 2018 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

We're on our way Holly, thank you Rebecca and hope it won't take long to reach the target.

July 18, 2018 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeanette
* hugs Jan *
--

July 18, 2018 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Jan at July 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Rosemary you have a large house you said in your garage, could you start work on it in this good weather.

mmmmm - I honestly feel that the big house is beyond me and I really ought to pass it on to someone who could do it up again. It has wonderful features and details but it is BIG. I had actually forgotten about it until you mentioned it!

July 19, 2018 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at July 19, 2018 at 4:15 AM

Jan at July 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM

mmmmm - I honestly feel that the big house is beyond me and I really ought to pass it on to someone who could do it up again. It has wonderful features and details but it is BIG. I had actually forgotten about it until you mentioned it!

Thought it might keep your miniature interests alive while waiting for a new site, unable to do much myself in this heat.

July 21, 2018 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

The fund raising has now nearly reached one quarter of what is needed. I would be happy to sell some of my surplus mini furniture and donate proceeds to the fund but ebay - having changed the format YET AGAIN - is not very nice to use and gobbles up profits with the charges. However there is a dh site that lets you advertise your dh items for free. I bought recently from this site using paypal as I didn't feel so secure on buying if anything went wrong. It didn't and I should have been confident that nearly every person selling minis usually comes up trumps. So I am wondering if we sold unwanted items in this way we could individually raise money for the DHPP cause. Just an idea. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Of couse we have this facility on this site already but is it working - and how many people can view it anyway? But perhaps worth a try for a start. But I can't post photos on to this site and neither can lots of others but I can on the For Sale one on Facebook.

July 22, 2018 at 3:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at July 22, 2018 at 3:23 AM

The fund raising has now nearly reached one quarter of what is needed. I would be happy to sell some of my surplus mini furniture and donate proceeds to the fund but ebay - having changed the format YET AGAIN - is not very nice to use and gobbles up profits with the charges. However there is a dh site that lets you advertise your dh items for free. I bought recently from this site using paypal as I didn't feel so secure on buying if anything went wrong. It didn't and I should have been confident that nearly every person selling minis usually comes up trumps. So I am wondering if we sold unwanted items in this way we could individually raise money for the DHPP cause. Just an idea. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Of couse we have this facility on this site already but is it working - and how many people can view it anyway? But perhaps worth a try for a start. But I can't post photos on to this site and neither can lots of others but I can on the For Sale one on Facebook.

Was thinking the same..

July 22, 2018 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Rosemary at July 22, 2018 at 3:23 AM

I have copied this post into the Fundraising website topic.

July 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.