Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > More frustration!

Rosemary

Fingers crossed - I mustn't tempt fate, but apart from a few problems I am still getting through. Do - I look at your new pictures on your blog site but don't seem to be able to comment there! But I love what you are doing - the grotty attic is perfect!

June 15, 2018 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Val Hill at June 15, 2018 at 2:32 AM

If the house is the lines one I think you are thinking of, it made me smile, it appeared on ebay the day after being sold at auction, I can't remember where, I had seen it and regretted not being able to collect if I had bid. So the seller either paid rather too much for it or is hoping for a good quick profit.

I can comment on this or other threads but that is all I can do now. Can't start a new thread or comment on pics anymore because of captcha issues etc.

I know what you mean about some of the houses selling for prices that must barely make a profit after auction costs. At least on the bright side no-one fakes antique dolls house furniture (yet!!!) although I have seen many, many very dubious grodnertals even in some of the big american auction houses....

Back to the site probs every time I write a post it fills every blank space with Â                 and I have to edit them all out :mad: :o:lol:

June 16, 2018 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Sorry, Holly, I have edited your last post, and just want to remind you and all members, that our terms of use state that "Commenting on any sellers' trading practices, or the prices asked or reached, is not allowed." I realise that you did not name anyone, but we do have to be very careful even with anonymous comments. I hope you'll understand :)

--

Rebecca :)

June 18, 2018 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

What is happening about the new site, Rebecca? It is getting stickier and stickier on this one!

June 19, 2018 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Ooops I suppose part of it was one step too far. ;) Still infuriates me but I have had my rant sorry Rebecca.

June 19, 2018 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DianeP

I can still post photos but only if I use Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome.  I want to ask a question in the forum though so is there any way to do that at the moment? 

--

June 19, 2018 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Hmmm many of us can't start a new thread to ask questions or make new conversations so are just commenting on this one at the moment. We are starting a new trend called a one thread forum ha ha.

June 19, 2018 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

It's getting to be a major frustration. At the best of times, I can't comment on photos (sorry Rosemary, after all your efforts) if I do they vanish. I was chatting to a lady last week who said she would love to have a dolls house but had no room and suggested to her she looked on here, but had to warn her about the sites problems. It's impossible to know if old friends have moved to pastures new or if they just can't post. I could go on (and on and on) but just get a feeling of irritability.

June 20, 2018 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Yes -  I have the same feeling that old friends are leaving due to the difficulties and that there is no news of any updating. What once could be called "a thriving community" is dispersed and unless a new site opens soon, I fear that will be that.

June 20, 2018 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I think that may be seeing a bit black Rosemary - it might indeed be the end of this particular site which I agree, would be deeply sad and frustrating, but didn't Rebecca say that she and the other admin people had everyone's contact details so that once a new all-singing, all-dancing site is up and running, she can let us all know and off we go...

Some members may indeed have fallen by the wayside during this ever-more annoying period, but I am sure most of us will return to the fold.   I certainly will....

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

June 20, 2018 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

The problem is, it's like waiting for a delayed flight or train, you believe it will arrive in the end, but the waiting is frustrating and there are no updates or announcements 

June 20, 2018 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I had to laugh at your comment, Val. So apt!!!

June 21, 2018 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I think that we have reached the end of the road, Rebecca,  The same negative blocking has now occurred on the downloading of photographs as has happened already on attempting to open a new forum.  I also had to persevere to manage to post this.  I think we will be dumb and blind at any moment now so it would be nice to know what the future is whilst we can still just communicate. I will try the photos again but I have never had this negative message ever before so I fear the worst. It is just like Google Earth which is closing down bit by bit, day by day but there is the new site of Google maps to turn to, which is what they want people to do.

Why have we not yet got a new site? I am so frustrated at seeing DHPP slowly vanishing, it has been a great place, I have made quite a few friends through it , had a lot of fun and learnt a gread deal. So if it folds, I will still be in touch with some members - thank goodness,  but I will lose a great many more. Please tell us what your intentions are and what the actual future is.  I feel that this may just possibly be the last time I am able to post so this is my cry for help as I slowly fade away - or rather the site does.

June 21, 2018 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

For answers to your questions on the welfare of the site, go here:

http://www.dollshousespastandpresent.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13482484-plans-for-new-website?next=

and let's have your feedback!

June 21, 2018 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Amazingly, the sidebar is currently updating! :lol:

--

Rebecca :)

June 21, 2018 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

So it is! I never thought to look!

June 21, 2018 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

And I did get two photos put on - in the usual manner with no ominous messages this time. When it  works it's wonderful and when it doesn't - oh so much time wasted. And Rebecca has managed to open a new forum which is such good news about hopefully, more good news.

June 21, 2018 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary
Is there any progress being made towards the setting up of the new site? I ask because the present one is very static - not the vibrant place that it used to be.
July 4, 2018 at 2:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at July 4, 2018 at 2:25 AM

Is there any progress being made towards the setting up of the new site? I ask because the present one is very static - not the vibrant place that it used to be.

Don't know if this will post, have been locked out for ages.

July 12, 2018 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Hooray, working.

July 12, 2018 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.