Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Latest Lundby Things.

Trumble's Mum

A friend of ours is considering a dolls' house as a birthday gift for her twin grand-daughters.

She asked me about the quality of the new Lundby houses and furniture. Having costed it to buy direct from the company, it is going to work out incredibly expesive and she is unable to go and see the items in a shop, so is wondering about value. The girls have loved their Le Toy Van house but at rising 8, have outgrown the chunky, nursery-style furniture and want something more realistic.

Steffie would value the opinion of anyone here who has handled any recent Lundby things as to how they compare with the vintage ones, which she had as a child herself. Can anyone help?  The girls are careful with their things but she doesn't thnk their parents would be happy with a vintage house quite yet.

--

April 16, 2018 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

I have a vintage Lundby house for my granddaughters to play with, they play more with the Lundby than they do with their ELC house with the chunky furniture. So far, nothing has been broken, even though three girls with learning difficulties can be very challenging to toys! Why not suggest a modern house with vintage furniture?

April 17, 2018 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

So far, nothing has been broken, even though three girls with learning difficulties can be very challenging to toys! Why not suggest a modern house with vintage furniture?

Thanks, Val. I think her problem is that her d-i-l is inclined to want a complete, furnished house - she was the same when they bought their real house, ran up bills getting everything at once. But I will suggest that it would be more fun for the girls to hunt for things gradually. That was half the fun of being a child d/h owner - the fun of the chase and the anticipation of spending pocket money.

--

April 17, 2018 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jenny

I have bought quite a few new Lundby bits and pieces from  Maple Street in the last few years, and found them just as good as the older pieces, the kitchen and bathrooms are particularly realistic.

April 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

jenny at April 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM

I have bought quite a few new Lundby bits and pieces from  Maple Street in the last few years, and found them just as good as the older pieces, the kitchen and bathrooms are particularly realistic.

Thank you so much, Jenny.

We decided that a a used Lundby house with one kitchen and one bedroom set bought new was sufficient. The twins will also have money from their other grandparents for their birthday and, instead of insisting half should be saved, they will be allowed to choose some solid looking pieces on Ebay and their daddy can bid on it for them.

I will help them clean the pre-owned stuff so their mum won't freak too much about germs......I do sometimes wonder how I survived all those second hand, non-washable items that came my way, not to mention my lead Brittons garden and frm sets!

--

April 18, 2018 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.