Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > postal times

Rosemary

Does anyone know what the average posting time is from 1. Spain and 2. Russia?  I'm getting slightly edgy on two parcel from Etsy sellers that seem to be taking longer than I expected.

I have been pleasantly surprised in the past about how quickly things arrived but these are over ten days in the post and the tracking information doesn't seem to be available - which usually means that the item is not yet in UK.

February 27, 2018 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

I have been waiting 8 days for a package from Liverpool. I suspect it is actually coming direct from China!

--

:)

February 27, 2018 at 1:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Just received both the second parcel from you and one from Spain yesterday. I think it as much our post here because of our location, but the Spanish onne also depends on how rural/urban the sending post office over there is. My cousins in Seville and a little villagethe south east sent birthday gifts for my son within a day of each other. the Seville one took for days, the other 15 days.
I got your parcel yesterday so I think perhaps there are weather issues here delaying things too. THANK YOU, it is just what I need but the message system on this site won't send my messages so couldn't let you know last night.
Jenni x

--

February 28, 2018 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Not had anything from Russia lately but and Etsy buy from Ukraine took 2.5 months at end of last year!  I'd given up on it ;)

--

February 28, 2018 at 1:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Apparntly all Russian parcels have to go through Moscow so about a month is thenorm. so my seller tells me today. i was obviously very lucky when the lovely mouldings used in the Temple of Love arrived in 8 days last year

. Glad the parcel arrived Jenni - the books were incredibly fast travelling but it hadn't snowed then.

February 28, 2018 at 3:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

I sent a book last week to NZ which arrived in just six days. The last one I sent there took three months and was eventually delivered without the contents! Completely irrelevant,  I know, but I think the postal service is completely unpredictable nowadays.

--

Liza Antrim

February 28, 2018 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

My parcel arrived today, with a customs label on.

I do object to sellers saying the item is in the UK when it obviously isn't!

--

:)

February 28, 2018 at 6:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

And a stunningly beautiful book it is too, Liza! I admit, I was a bit gobsmacked when it turned up on my doorstep this morning, that's the fastest anything's arrived in ages! I do notice, Rosemary, that many traders on ebay say they are not willing to send things to Russia.

February 28, 2018 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Where possible try to purchase through eBay or Amazon who give delivery times which I have mostly been about right, my O/H bought a product from a German Company payment in advance which had to then be constructed by them £1200.00 they kept saying they were waiting on another part then it was the final part this went on over a year, I kept telling him the longer he left it there would be nothing he could do.  He never did receive it, lot of money to lose.

February 28, 2018 at 7:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

There is hope still - my Spanish lady didn't post until a later date due to flu - and I have bought from her before. I think the first speedy deliveries from Russia gave me a false picture!

February 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

The wait is always frustrating when you are keen to get on with a d/h project and buy from outside your home country. Most things do make it and I have been surprised by speeds sometimes too. Fingers crossed for you that the temps in moscow - far lower than ours yesterday at minus 26C - haven't frozen up the sorting office machinery there. And, yes, my husband is weather obsessed and looks at temps around the world every day, even when it is warm here.

--

March 1, 2018 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

The Spanish parcel arrived today and is being unpacked in hill House right now.

March 1, 2018 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Rosemary at March 1, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Come on, Bryan and Oscar, do share! 

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

March 1, 2018 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Zoe H at March 1, 2018 at 12:39 PM

Rosemary at March 1, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Come on, Bryan and Oscar, do share! 

Oh, I just looked and they have. Thanks, boys! 

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

March 1, 2018 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.