Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Thame Dolls House Fair this Sat 17th Feb 2018

cestina

Is anyone planning on visiting Thame?   I was planning to but I am now dithering, particularly if the wind and the rain continues in this uncouth manner....

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

February 14, 2018 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I had a lovely day at Thame and spent far more than I had intended though I console myself with the fact that much of it was on the charity table in aid of Breast Cancer.

I was surprised that it was really quite empty from lunchtime onwards and I could move around with ease with my rollator, a wonderful accessory for people with walking difficulties since it also serves as a shopping trolley to hold one's purchases :)

Good refreshments too.....

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

February 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Glad you had a nice day Cestina! Sad I couldn't make it.

February 17, 2018 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum
Glad your trip was worthwhile. What did you buy?
--

February 18, 2018 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

I was planning on going until I discovered they had changed the trains.

3 trains and a bus was just one too many, gutted!

--

:)

February 18, 2018 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

What a shame Linda....yes, that sounds too much of an epic voyage.

I bought various bits of furniture, a couple of baths which I always find tricky to get hold of, at least ones that I like, some knitting needles and a pattern for a friend who is about to start on mini-knitting for me, won two prizes with one ticket on the tombola and got loads of ideas for new projects.

All I need now is the time.... :)

--

February 18, 2018 at 8:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

cestina at February 18, 2018 at 8:29 AM

What a shame Linda....yes, that sounds too much of an epic voyage.

I bought various bits of furniture, a couple of baths which I always find tricky to get hold of, at least ones that I like, some knitting needles and a pattern for a friend who is about to start on mini-knitting for me, won two prizes with one ticket on the tombola and got loads of ideas for new projects.

All I need now is the time.... :)

Quite a haul! Congratulations. How do people DO that teeny knitting? I am always in awe of the delightful, neat work of a friend of mine and hanve a little 2" doll wearing a lacy dress made by her - I'd be crosseted working in that scale.

Time? What's that? Whenever I look around, time seems to have vanished and I never have any  :D! One day, all my own d/h projects will come to fruition. That will be when I retire from being retired and therefore needing my time filling by friends, family and neighbours who like to fill my days with little jobs for them, just to stop me being bored, don't you know?!

--

February 18, 2018 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

That "One day..." made me laugh.   When I used to do a talk on dolls houses (entitled Dolls Houses - a Dangerous Obsession) I used to describe it as a "One day hobby - one day I will make that gnome home, build the American beach house, do the Great Gatsby project..."   I am now 76, arthritis is threatening my hands and I had better get a move on!   Don't wait too long.....send away all those friends, neighbours and family and their little jobs for a start!

Yes, I too marvel at the miniature knitting. I had a very dear friend who produced baby layettes, dresses, school uniforms, you name it, she could do it.   Sadly, she died a couple of years ago and I miss both her, and her skills, greatly.   But I have another friend willing to take up the needles so fingers crossed she enjoys it!

--

February 18, 2018 at 9:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Linda B at February 18, 2018 at 7:26 AM

I was planning on going until I discovered they had changed the trains.

3 trains and a bus was just one too many, gutted!

Me, too, Linda - it was four trains and a bus for me, with the first train at 5am! I had a lovely day there last year, but just couldn't face the journey this time.

I'm glad that you had a good day, Gil!

February 18, 2018 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

So it wasn't just my trains then.

It was 2 trains and a bus before and I could cope with that.

So much for getting people to use public transport.

I'm glad you had a good day Cestina.

--

:)

February 18, 2018 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.