Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > Help with research > Could anyone help me?

Francesca

Hi everybody!

I'm Francesca from Italy. I really love this site, but I've had a lot of problems to use it recently.

For example I'm not more able to use the search button.

Please, would someone give me some information about Wilfield brand?

Many thanks, Francesca 

February 8, 2018 at 6:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Hi Francesca! Unfortunately, some parts of the website are old and no longer work - the Search button is one of them. The Search in the Photo Gallery still works, but the Search for the whole website does not.

You could try using Google or another search engine, and search for dollshousespastandpresent and the word you want to search for.

The name Wilfield is not familiar to me. Do you have photos or other information about it, please?

--

Rebecca :)

February 8, 2018 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Francesca at February 8, 2018 at 6:54 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm Francesca from Italy. I really love this site, but I've had a lot of problems to use it recently.

Many thanks, Francesca 

Hello Francesca - good to "meet" you :)

I know next to nothing about dolls houses but wonder if you might mean Winfield?  I recall some Winfield items in the 1950s

All the best

dfc

--

February 8, 2018 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Francesca

theinfill.wordpress.com at February 8, 2018 at 11:35 AM

Hi everybody!

Many thanks, Francesca 

I know next to nothing about dolls houses but wonder if you might mean Winfield?  I recall some Winfield items in the 1950s

All the best

dfc

Omg!! Sorry, but automatic corrector in my Ipad had changed the word!!

Yes, I mean WiNfield! :D

Do you know anything about this brand?

Best regards,

Francesca

February 8, 2018 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Francesca

Rebecca Green at February 8, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Hi Francesca! Unfortunately, some parts of the website are old and no longer work - the Search button is one of them. The Search in the Photo Gallery still works, but the Search for the whole website does not.

You could try using Google or another search engine, and search for dollshousespastandpresent and the word you want to search for.

The name Wilfield is not familiar to me. Do you have photos or other information about it, please?

Thanks Rebecca!

I'll make as you suggested, using Search in the Photo Gallery (with Google+dollshousespastandpresent I've already tried...).

Anyway, I mean WiNfield, sorry! (Sometimes automatic correction is not an help!! :))

Francesca

February 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Winfield was the own brand of F W Woolworth & Co., certainly in the UK - I don't know if it was also used by the US parent company. If it's British, the house was likely produced by one of the anonymous manufacturers, such as the one which made the so-called "Dolly Mixture" houses, to which Woolworth's then applied their own label.

February 8, 2018 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Having had time for a bit of Google research, it seems likely that Winfield was also used as Woolworth's own brand in the USA.

There is a Winfield flat-pack dolls house for sale on UK eBay right now: eBay ID 202221382719. It's likely that this was not the only model sold by Woolworth's. It would be good to have photos of your house, Francesca. Photos can't be uploaded from an iPad, but if you email them to me, I can post them for you. (I've sent you my email address in a private message).

February 9, 2018 at 5:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Goodness! We have a Woolworth's in Australia, which is separate from the UK one - it's never used Winfield as an own brand name, though. For me, Winfield is a brand of cigarettes, advertised by Paul Hogan (of Crocodile Dundee fame) on TV in the 1970s (he'd do things like jump over a waterfall into a pool way below it, or do something on the arch of the Harbour Bridge (he worked as a maintenance guy on the bridge), and then say, Anyhow, have a Winfield ...).

More on topic, that flatpack Winfield dolls house looks familiar - I'll see if I can find what it's reminding me of (which could, of course, just be another one of the same that's appeared before ....)

--

Rebecca :)

February 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Francesca

Thanks a lot for your answers! You have been really helpful!! :)

Unfortunately, I haven't a Winfield house, I've just seen the flat-pack house now listened on UK Ebay and I've been intrigued by it. 

As I haven't heard this brand before, I thought about you!

I'm trying to Uploaded my dollshouses photos from my Mac, as from IPad I cannot. I hope to do so! 

Thanks a lot, 

Francesca

February 9, 2018 at 9:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Rebecca Green at February 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM

Goodness! We have a Woolworth's in Australia, which is separate from the UK one - it's never used Winfield as an own brand name, though. For me, Winfield is a brand of cigarettes, advertised by Paul Hogan (of Crocodile Dundee fame) on TV in the 1970s (he'd do things like jump over a waterfall into a pool way below it, or do something on the arch of the Harbour Bridge (he worked as a maintenance guy on the bridge), and then say, Anyhow, have a Winfield ...).

More on topic, that flatpack Winfield dolls house looks familiar - I'll see if I can find what it's reminding me of (which could, of course, just be another one of the same that's appeared before ....)

It's ringing a bell with me, too, Rebecca, but I can't bring it to mind. Wasn't there another flatpack house in a brightly coloured box with a different brand name, some time ago? I wish I could remember the name. I think it may have begun with C, but then again, maybe not!

February 9, 2018 at 10:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Francesca at February 8, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Hi everybody!

Many thanks, Francesca 

All the best

dfc

Best regards,

Francesca

Hi Francesca

Winfield was the trade name for products made by/for Woolworth. I don't remember dolls' house items in particular being bought for me from there, as my god-parents had a dolls' hospitat and dolls' house shop, but many of my other toys came with a Winfield label and so did some of the things I bought there for my own children in the 80s.

Jenni

--

February 11, 2018 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Trumble's Mum at February 11, 2018 at 3:24 AM

Francesca at February 8, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Hi everybody!

Many thanks, Francesca 

All the best

dfc

Best regards,

Francesca

Hi Francesca

Winfield was the trade name for products made by/for Woolworth. I don't remember dolls' house items in particular being bought for me from there, as my god-parents had a dolls' hospitat and dolls' house shop, but many of my other toys came with a Winfield label and so did some of the things I bought there for my own children in the 80s.

Jenni

You've just made me think of the Dolls Hospital round the block from the Dispensary entrance :)

--

February 12, 2018 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Francesca

So many thanks for your help!! I'm really a newer in this world and you are really a mine of information!!!

Francesca  :):)

February 12, 2018 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.