Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > What has happened?

Liza

Where has the website gone? Nothing is coming up, and no one seems to be there any more.

--

Liza Antrim

January 30, 2018 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja

Wonder if web hosts have been doing something today...I couldn't get on earlier & it's being a bit slow & flaky now

January 30, 2018 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

I try to look in at least once every day Liza, but you're right, things are very quiet. 

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

January 30, 2018 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Every time I come on I have to keep refreshing pages over again to get them to load. I do persevere of course but it is a shame. I hope one day the site just doesn't collapse. There are a few of us 'Nemo's' still lingering though...

January 30, 2018 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

I have to keep signing in which is annoying.

January 31, 2018 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jazz

I look everyday.  Someone is posting to keep us “alive”.  I may not post much but am still here, still interested.  Still need this site!

Not a good time for me just now - but this site is one I come back to again and again.  Does have the power to keep me interested in my miniature “life” and real life.

You all  don’t really know me - I don’t say much - but I feel I am not alone with you all out there!! With our shared interest.  It is so important to me.

January 31, 2018 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

I'm still here!  I use this web site everyday but haven't posted anything recently as there is not a lot happening in my dolls house world at the moment due to being busy with other things.  However, I am collecting another house tomorrow so watch this space!

February 1, 2018 at 7:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Look forward to seeing it Sue.

February 1, 2018 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

It's very time consuming now, having to keep sign in and refreshing the page all takes time I do look every day and spend ages looking at any new photos.

February 1, 2018 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

It is obviously behaving better for me than for you, Jan, but it is having glitches. Quite a lot - in fact!

February 1, 2018 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

I tend to use Firefox browser which it seems less problematic in. I also am mainly still using my laptop rather than notepad/ipad it does seem more difficult to navigate on a phone or ipad which probably deters a lot of users these days.

February 1, 2018 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I don't post photos so have nothing to report on that aspect of the site. I don't seem to have a problem with writing posts though....

I too look at the site every day, even if I don't post.  I really dislike the mobile version so try to only visit from my laptop.

I don't have to constantly sign in again....

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

February 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Maybe people use blogs more now, I don't have any luck with them at all, cannot leave comments and the pages freeze so don't try to visit them now.

February 2, 2018 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

That's very odd Jan - does that happen with my blog because it really shouldn't?   If it does, I will investigate....

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

February 2, 2018 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Sue at February 1, 2018 at 7:10 AM

I'm still here!  I use this web site everyday but haven't posted anything recently as there is not a lot happening in my dolls house world at the moment due to being busy with other things.  However, I am collecting another house tomorrow so watch this space!

I have now posted photos of my newly acquired G & J Lines 35 but the site would not let me save my comments.  However, would be grateful for any help with this house.  It has been completely overpapered on the outside which in my view, makes it very unattractive.  Do I strip it completely?  What would the roof have been like originally?

February 2, 2018 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

It wouldn't let me leave any informative comments on the house in the Country so i had to put info, as added comments. 

STRIP that house! The paper does it no favours and I seem to remember that this model is often white walls.

February 2, 2018 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Rosemary at February 2, 2018 at 11:29 AM

It wouldn't let me leave any informative comments on the house in the Country so i had to put info, as added comments. 

STRIP that house! The paper does it no favours and I seem to remember that this model is often white walls.

Ha Ha!  I'm already on the job Rosemary.  Bright red roof under the grey roofing paper is the first surprise!  Would the side and rear exterior be brick paper?

February 2, 2018 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

cestina at February 2, 2018 at 9:49 AM

That's very odd Jan - does that happen with my blog because it really shouldn't?   If it does, I will investigate....

Think it's iPad cestina, it happens a lot.

February 2, 2018 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Sue - I don't know! Red roof was on lots of the early 20c. houses - sort of 

February 3, 2018 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

Sue at February 2, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Sue at February 1, 2018 at 7:10 AM

I have now posted photos of my newly acquired G & J Lines 35 but the site would not let me save my comments.  However, would be grateful for any help with this house.  It has been completely overpapered on the outside which in my view, makes it very unattractive.  Do I strip it completely?  What would the roof have been like originally?

The paper gives it a wacky sort of charm, but I agree with Rosemary - I try stripping. Certainly the grey roof paper, and I'd lift a bit of the red at the back of the house or the sides to see what's under it. The red brick paper looks older than the grey, or are the photos misleading?

It's a fab house, congratulations Sue!

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

February 3, 2018 at 4:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.