Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > DHE Lutyens House

Annelise

Hi there,

Please can anyone tell me whether Dolls’ House Emporium produced special furniture for their Lutyens House? If so, please does anyone have any pictures?

All help much appreciated - thanks in advance!

January 3, 2018 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

I have a 2002 catalogue and the Lutyens House is shown in there.  It's a bit confusing, as in the descriptive blurb it says:

Miniature replicas of Lutyens' furniture have been reproduced including (perhaps most charming of all) his beautiful outdoor bench which can be seen at the front of the house.

That bench is also shown on the garden items page and its ref no is 

3486 Lutyens Bench

but there doesn't seem to be any other furniture, that I can see from a quick look through anyway.  

On the pages showing the house there are bullet points of Special Features, including:

complement with Lutyens furniture

fitted cupboards either side of the bedroom fireplace

inglenook fireplace in the study

magnificent feature fireplace in the reception hall

So maybe those things are what they were referring to in the blurb.  I'll have a more slow and careful look through the catalogue and post again if I unearth any more info.

--

January 5, 2018 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

I've found some pieces!  There is no dedicated page of furniture, like there is for the Macintosh stuff, it's just mixed in with the general stuff.

3143. Lutyens Semi Circular Table, 67x33x64mm

3144. Lutyens Circular Table, 60x60x61mm

3487. Lutyens Armchair Blue, 85x62x75mm

8269. Lutyens Roof Paper

8270. Lutyens Brick Paper

There are also Lutyens windows and doors available to buy individually.

--

January 5, 2018 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Annelise

Oh wow, Michaela, thanks so much, and apologies for the late reply - I’ve only just seen your posts. That’s so intriguing... I’ve recently taken ownership of a Lutyens house which was originally used as a display model by DHE. I’m trying to find out whether any of the pieces are original and designed for the house, too. I don’t suppose there are pictures of the chair and tables? From your description, it sounds as though probably none of the furniture I have was actually made for the house. Thanks so much again for taking the trouble to look, I really appreciate that!

January 14, 2018 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

You're very welcome Annelise and yes I can scan the pictures for you.  I'll do that later today.  It looks such a beautiful house, you must be thrilled with it. 

--

January 14, 2018 at 4:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I would love to see pictures of your house. Annelise. I have one, very well made by the previous owner except for flaky light wiring at back! The DHE one would obviously be the prime example.

January 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michaela

I found the house is also shown in the 2006 catalogue, with the chair and two side tables included in the double page spread, so scanned that.  I managed to upload the photos, thanks to Firefox.  The album is called Lutyens House and is in the Dolls House Emporium category.  I'll look forward to seeing photos of your house too Annelise.

--

January 14, 2018 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.