Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Artists using dolls' houses in their artworks

Veronica

I am an artist/curator - with a lot of experience organising exhibitions - who wants to create a network of artists who are also dolls' house enthusiasts. If you have used dolls' houses in your art practice: drawing, painting, printmaking or photography/film techniques, including using a real 'small house' as a meaningful art concept in its own right, I would love to hear from you - wherever you are based.

If there are enough of us to put our minds and skills together we can look at the possibility of exhibiting together somewhere.

Something really different to plan in 2018?

January 3, 2018 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rubyred

I think this is an excellent idea for an exhibition which will appeal to dolls house fans of all ages. I would love to contribute to this. I have met Veronica and she is so lovely and an experienced curator, as well as being a passionate dolls house fan.

Please pass on the word and encourage any other dolls house artists to connect. It will be fabulous if this exhibition happens. Imagine a whole gallery full of dolls house artworks from all different perspectives!  My dream come true!

--
January 6, 2018 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Really need this explained in more detail, sounds good .

January 6, 2018 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Veronica

Rubyred at January 6, 2018 at 12:25 PM

I think this is an excellent idea for an exhibition which will appeal to dolls house fans of all ages. I would love to contribute to this. I have met Veronica and she is so lovely and an experienced curator, as well as being a passionate dolls house fan.

Please pass on the word and encourage any other dolls house artists to connect. It will be fabulous if this exhibition happens. Imagine a whole gallery full of dolls house artworks from all different perspectives!  My dream come true!

Thank you so much for your support and kind words! I have a great belief in networking and having a great idea that gradually takes shape as people hear about it and come on board. As things evolve, information can be put out.

Yes please spread the message - who, what, possible venues!

January 6, 2018 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.