Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sad site.

Rosemary

Need I say more.

December 14, 2017 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ysť

Yes please Rosemary do. I have been around a lot recently and I wonder what you mean...

--

I am now here on Blogger too and still here on Flickr

December 14, 2017 at 5:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja

Twas the week's before Christmas, and all through the forum

Barely a person was posting, it all seemed quite lonesome. 

The moderators looked after it with greatest care

In the hope that more members would soon be there.

And then in a twinkling the big day will be here

And all in a hurry the members will appear.

While shopping & cooking they had to forswear

But now they're all back with new presents to share!!!! :D

December 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Let's hope, Kath, but remember Webs won't support this site for much longer and no-one has given any hopeful news of a new host. The site still works well once you get around the few glitches and it;s good but what of the future? Time passes so fast.

December 14, 2017 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill
Remember that people are busy at this time of year. Ive notbeen posting cos I've been on holiday. Becides,theres a lot more people on than you realize, just look at the number looking at a thread compared to number posting.
December 15, 2017 at 1:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Participation and sharing of ideas and photos, making mini things, and historical knowlege is what makes the site so vibrant... and the much missed magazine.

December 15, 2017 at 3:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Better than last year though and more people are having problems loading photos now which could be the reason, also iPads are used more now and you cannot post photos with them.

December 15, 2017 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

But Zoe has been posting pictures for some who have found it difficult. I don't know how the iPads work - is it just you can't post any photoss to anyone or just not to DHPP?

December 15, 2017 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

They don't have Adobe so cannot post directly anywhere, when Zoe posts for me I have to send photos by email.

December 15, 2017 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Luckily I can take the photos with the iPad, so just have to pick them from the album and then send to her email address.

December 15, 2017 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Thats how I thought it worked. Then you add the captions later?

December 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Yes, Zoe lets me know when she has posted so I can add captions

December 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Those of you who can post photos which computers are you using.

December 15, 2017 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

I had a Toshiba which allowed me to post freely, then stopped allowing it, with me having made no changes to the settings. I now have an Acer, but cannot post pictures. It’s not related to the PCs themselves, but the settings/search engines etc. I have been unable to rectify it so far. Boo Hoo.

December 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ysť

Apple Mac :)

--

December 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

So Apple Mac are fine but not Apple iPad, wonder why 

December 15, 2017 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Badger at December 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM

I had a Toshiba which allowed me to post freely, then stopped allowing it, with me having made no changes to the settings. I now have an Acer, but cannot post pictures. It’s not related to the PCs themselves, but the settings/search engines etc. I have been unable to rectify it so far. Boo Hoo.

Well I noticed on google when I searched the problem that this is happening to a lot of users of different makes, which is why I was asking.

December 15, 2017 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ysť

My mac is still on OS X 10.9.5, the problem comes most certainly from IOS, which is the system on iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc.

--

December 15, 2017 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

Jan at December 15, 2017 at 3:33 PM

Badger at December 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Well I noticed on google when I searched the problem that this is happening to a lot of users of different makes, which is why I was asking.

Brooksey posted some instructions on how to enable posting of pictures on the thread ‘Trial Grecon’, Jan, but I have not been able to make it work.

December 15, 2017 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I managed to get back on using Brooksey's instructions. No wonder the site is so quiet if you are all encountering such problems.

December 16, 2017 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.