Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Searching

Badger

When I try to search a subject by typing into the Search the Site box, I get this : Unauthorised access to API etc...and no search results.

I’m using my iPad and normally can access all areas with it (apart from uploading pics, obviously, and my laptop won’t do that either, at present)

Anyone else?

December 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I'm getting the same response to a Search request, Badger. A new glitch, it seems!

December 8, 2017 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

Brooksey at December 8, 2017 at 3:48 PM

I'm getting the same response to a Search request, Badger. A new glitch, it seems!

Ah, glad it’s not just me. Will sit tight :-))

December 8, 2017 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Tried search in various sections and no probs - just probs with clear text and page loadings here

--

December 9, 2017 at 2:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

I just got the unauthorized stuff when I tried to use the "Search this Site" box; the searching photos box in the Photo Gallery works for me though.

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

December 9, 2017 at 4:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Edel at December 9, 2017 at 4:51 AM

I just got the unauthorized stuff when I tried to use the "Search this Site" box; the searching photos box in the Photo Gallery works for me though.

That's a bit of a yes and no re the seach this site box.  The unauthorized sometimes flashes up temporatily but then google searches externally only.  It's as though google is unauthorized sort of for access to the site sort of

--

December 9, 2017 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Yet another feature of this site that's broken, very annoying! I have just got the unauthorised message too, so I checked the Google error message it gives a link to - it says "This error is an indication of trying to directly access the Custom Search Engine’s internal API (‘v1element’). Please use the code snippet found in your CSE control panel. Learn more about Custom Search Element V2 setup."

That suggests that the google search app that is available in Webs to add to websites is either out of date, or the code within it is corrupted. I will check the Webs support forums and see if others are also having this problem, and what, if anything, Webs are doing about it.

--

Rebecca :)

December 9, 2017 at 5:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

I've found that if I search for DH/D in the forums it comes up with an error message but if I search DHD it works but oviously with only a few results.  It does not seem to like the oblique /.

December 9, 2017 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.