Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Trial Grecon

Badger

Very late to this topic I realise, but I attempted a Grecon last night, which I think will be good enought to sit in a house. Feet and legs are pretty bad, but having read the tutorial subsequently, I can see that I should have made some feet to go on before the binding .

So as well as rectifying the foot situation, I could do with some advice on hair. I used embroidery thread and threaded it through the scalp, so it looked as though it was growing from the hairline and parting. I then glue gunned more hair underneath to give bulk. I am not a purist.

However, this only gave me the option of a pony tail really, which I did.My question is whether there were any wigging pictures which I cannot find. For another attempt, I would like to try an older person with curly hair. I used a bead which I sewed cloth onto for the head.

Unfortunately I am unable to upload photos at present - this has never happened to me before! I will try again later when I have laptop access again. My daughter tells me we have the latest Flash, so not sure what else to try.

Cheers!

November 10, 2017 at 6:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Your photo problem may be because some browsers, e.g. Google Chrome, no longer support Flash by default, even if it's installed and up to date.

If you are using Google Chrome, you will need to enable Flash for the DHPP site specifically, by following these steps:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.

2. Open DHPP.

3. To the left of the web address, in the address bar, click the Info

icon [the i in a circle].

4. This opens a drop-down menu.

5. In this menu, on the far right of "Flash," click on the arrow.

6. This opens another dropdown menu.

7. From this Flash menu, click Always allow on this site.

8. Reload the page.

(You may need to do something similar if you're using another browser).

November 10, 2017 at 8:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

Thank you Brooksey. Will try again when I get my paws on my new laptop next week, and I have now found Valerie’s head and hair instructions!

November 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger
Oh dear, new laptop, No 'info' icon on my address bar. Flash uploaded, and still no upload button for the pictures. Will seek help tomorrow if poss :))
November 17, 2017 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

What exactly does it show in the address bar for the DHPP home page, Badger?

November 17, 2017 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

Brooksey at November 17, 2017 at 6:26 PM

What exactly does it show in the address bar for the DHPP home page, Badger?

Thank you for replying Brooksey - haven’t had time to look - just on iPad at the mo, but as far as I can remember, just the page details.

November 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

So nothing to the left of www.dollshousespastandpresent.com? Whatever site I load has either an Info or Lock icon.

November 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Badger

Brooksey at November 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM

So nothing to the left of www.dollshousespastandpresent.com? Whatever site I load has either an Info or Lock icon.

Hmm. A lock icon could be there. Will try to check tomorrow night. Tied up with poorly kitten at present.

November 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.