Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > High prices!

Rosemary

I have just seen a very poor condition Hobbies "Antique Georgian House" auctioned.Ruined by being whitewashed all over the exterior. No interior door, front door possibly a replacement, strengthening bars at floor level in the rooms - this is always a maddening thing as it means furniture does not go directly against the wall. It can be corrected by reflooring with wood planks cut to that precise height, All the balconies missing.....I once restored one of these houses and the cost was prohobitive due to all the fretwork required - but since I only paid one pound for it, it seemed an OK project and I had only to drive one mile to fetch it, not a long trip. - lets hope it has been bought by a clever and competent carpenter who will make it lovely again.It was interesting to see that these houses were made to be twice the size as this one, with similar rooms at the back. This one is far easier to house.

October 10, 2017 at 3:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

It was an interesting house. As I have said before, an item at auction is worth what someone wants to pay! 

October 10, 2017 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Or profit from when selling on.

October 10, 2017 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.