Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Being nosey

Jan

Did a member buy the Tri-Ang shop that sold recently, would love to see it again.

October 7, 2017 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

So would I, Jan - I want it for the database!

October 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I'm sure that it will be seen again unless it was bought with an overseas buyer in mind. The awning was very faded but otherwise it seemed fine for it's age. But I would have hesitated to pay such an inflated price. I just can't get excited about the Triang shops, they are so small - sorry, that's just me!

October 10, 2017 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

My Lines House was in much worse condition and paid £360 think £50 of it was carriage charge plus it cost a lot to restore, never bid on the shop but agree the condition was fine do hope a Member has it.

October 10, 2017 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Freda Knight
Hi, Jan, Brooksey, and Rosemary - I fell in love with that Tri-ang shop. I've never seen anything like it before. I do hope one of our members has bought it, as it would indeed be lovely to see it again. From memory, it didn't appear to need any restoration and was in original condition.
October 17, 2017 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Hi there, would this be the shop whose images were posted up by Shed on the Pond - Lee Higgins? 

https://shedonthepond.wordpress.com/2017/10/07/triang-shop-no-1/

I loved the general layout, finishing touches and the letter box.  Someone must know who bought it ...

Regards to all

--

October 21, 2017 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I thought that the price that it fetched was quite outrageous! But I also note that most items are being priced at a great deal more than they were a year ago, regardless of merit. So much dross, that when an occasional good item surfaces, the competetion is high. I thank my lucky stars that Greconvillians have most of their needs fuldilled so I can spend my money elsewhere.

October 21, 2017 at 4:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

theinfill.wordpress.com at October 21, 2017 at 3:16 AM

Hi there, would this be the shop whose images were posted up by Shed on the Pond - Lee Higgins? 

I loved the general layout, finishing touches and the letter box.  Someone must know who bought it ...

Regards to all

Thank you for the link to Lee Higgins' shop, Do, it's delightful! I have been thinking about making a shop with a flat upstairs for Box Street, so this is great inspiration :)

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

October 21, 2017 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

The Triang shop sellers ebay shop looks very interesting - if not quite itens of which  many of  us are looking for!

October 21, 2017 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Regards to all

Thank you for the link, nice to see the inside again.

October 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at October 21, 2017 at 12:43 PM

The Triang shop sellers ebay shop looks very interesting - if not quite itens of which  many of  us are looking for!

Yes was expecting miniatures.

October 21, 2017 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Edel at October 21, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Regards to all

Thank you for the link to Lee Higgins' shop, Do, it's delightful! I have been thinking about making a shop with a flat upstairs for Box Street, so this is great inspiration :)

This shop doesn't belong to Lee - it's the one which was sold recently on eBay. Lee says she was interested, but was outbid. The seller kindly allowed Lee to post the photos in her blog.

October 22, 2017 at 4:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

theinfill.wordpress.com

Brooksey at October 22, 2017 at 4:21 AM

Regards to all

This shop doesn't belong to Lee - it's the one which was sold recently on eBay. Lee says she was interested, but was outbid. The seller kindly allowed Lee to post the photos in her blog.

Morning Brooksey and yes indeed it is stated quite clearly in the first para.  I was just wondering if this was the same shop you were all intriguingly half-describing earlier in this string or whether there was a sudden plethora of Triang shops :)

--

October 22, 2017 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

theinfill.wordpress.com at October 22, 2017 at 4:36 AM

Regards to all

Morning Brooksey and yes indeed it is stated quite clearly in the first para.  I was just wondering if this was the same shop you were all intriguingly half-describing earlier in this string or whether there was a sudden plethora of Triang shops :)

Yes, just to clear up any confusion, this is the same shop that we were talking about at the start of the thread. Edel's post read, to me, as if she thought that Lee owned it.

This is a very rare model. Available 1932-35, it, and the contemporaneous larger No 2 Shop, have a few architectural features in common with the 81 and 82 houses (Zoe's Agar Hall, Rosemary's Merlyns and my Ketterley), which were in production in 1933-34, the middle of the Shops' run. 

October 22, 2017 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I wonder in whose High Class Attic Hogspear found the shop.

October 22, 2017 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

Apologies for my sloppy phrasing, I did read Lee Higgins' explanation about not owning the shop but was in too much of a hurry to express my enthusiasm about it ;)

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

October 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Brooksey at October 22, 2017 at 6:39 AM

theinfill.wordpress.com at October 22, 2017 at 4:36 AM

Regards to all

Yes, just to clear up any confusion, this is the same shop that we were talking about at the start of the thread. Edel's post read, to me, as if she thought that Lee owned it.

This is a very rare model. Available 1932-35, it, and the contemporaneous larger No 2 Shop, have a few architectural features in common with the 81 and 82 houses (Zoe's Agar Hall, Rosemary's Merlyns and my Ketterley), which were in production in 1933-34, the middle of the Shops' run. 

Did you manage to get photos for the Data Base.

October 22, 2017 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Jan, I'm hoping that Hogspear will be as generous to DHPP as he was to Lee, and will allow me to use his eBay photos, but I haven't asked yet - it's still on my "To Do" list!

October 22, 2017 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee

I wish this shop was mine, I think I could have just about squeezed it in.  The condition looked so good, just a good clean and tidy.  I am sure that if you contacted Hogspear they would allow you to use the pictures for your database.

October 22, 2017 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at October 22, 2017 at 6:58 AM

I wonder in whose High Class Attic Hogspear found the shop.

That did cross my mind.

October 26, 2017 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.