Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Dishwasher

Rosemary

Many years ago I bought a Triang dishwasher for my Triang bungalow. I was perfectly happy with it UNTIL fairly recently, I realised that it had been assembled incorrectly at the factory. The trays were placed in the wrong order, and thus the little spin thing could not be fixed correctly because, however hard I tried, I could not get the drawers out. This annoyed me to such an extent, now knowing that it was not correct, that I managed to buy a perfect one on ebay for a not too excessive a price. Happy bunny - not that anyone ever washes the dishes in Greconville!

I thought that I must have been the only unlucky one (I can't see it as a valulable item such as stamps are if incorrect!) but today I have just seen another with this same maddening fault, up for sale and I don't think that the seller has realised that it is not as it should be. The v shaped drawer should at the base, so the little spin thing can be put into the hole, and the flat drawer is the top one.  Has anyone else come across a faulty one? I would be interested to know since it took me years to realise mine was wrong.

May 20, 2017 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Just had a look at the one you mention and probably would never have known it was wrong myself, would this definately have happen when it was made or could someone have messed with them is there a reason they won't come out. 

May 20, 2017 at 8:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Mine was bought new, Jan, and there is no way the bits will come out - unless you destroy the piece, which obviously I don't want to do. I have put photos on to show.  I would not sell the faulty one, it wouldn't be fair to a collector. The drawers do pull out, but not completely, there is some sort of lock to stop them coming fully out. If they did, there would be no problem, but I have asked others who own this piece and the drawers do not come fully out on any of them.

May 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Looks like there must have been a batch like that then, someone wasn't doing their job.

May 20, 2017 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

They seemed to be a bit dozy at times, Jan. Or quality control needed specs!

May 20, 2017 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Just had a look at mine.

The flat shelf is at the top.

As you said, neither shelf come completely out.

--

:)

May 20, 2017 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at May 20, 2017 at 9:16 AM

They seemed to be a bit dozy at times, Jan. Or quality control needed specs!

Would be a good  advert for specsavers.

May 20, 2017 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.