Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Grecon Valley/ Ystrad Grecon on the move

chris g

Dear All, I'm sorry you've not seen much of us over the last few years, circumstances have kept me away, although I have dipped in on occasion.  Now has come the time for me and Hubby to downsize (not my collection though lol) and at the moment I am packing up the household and Grecon Valley, which hopefully will be relocated to a purpose built summerhouse.  This will probably take up most of this year, as my husband being disabled ,and me being full of arthritis, things don't get done very quickly. As soon as the summerhouse is done, I hope to be back up and running with more tales from naughty grampa and gang. 

March 10, 2017 at 4:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

That's good to hear. 

March 10, 2017 at 4:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Hello All,  We finally moved on May 6thafter a mamouth task of

January 10, 2018 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Hello All,  We finally moved on May 6th after a mamouth task of packing, emptying the attic, and sorting and getting rid of too much stuff that we no longer had use for or needed.  Needless to say we now have a rule that only Christmas decorations are allowed in the attic!! Six weeks after moving, I fell in the garden and broke the top of my humerus, thankfully it did not need pinning but it put me out of action for a long time, it still doesn't fell quite right yet :( .  At last the decorating and box emptying is coming to an end (except for the shed....shhhh) but Grecon Valley is still in Storage except for Kitten Cottage which I forgot to take there and so moved with us, and so now I am finding a little me time to indulge in looking at this fab site :D  . I have started to make some curtains for the above house so hopefully will have some photos soon. x

January 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Breaking a bone so soon after moving must have been so frustrating, but glad to hear you are getting organised.

My houses only came out of their boxes 3 years after moving but it is now so nice to have everything organised.

I filled the attic but am now slowly getting rid of the amount.

Why did I bring so much unwanted stuff with me !!

--

:)

January 10, 2018 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Linda B at January 10, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Breaking a bone so soon after moving must have been so frustrating, but glad to hear you are getting organised.

My houses only came out of their boxes 3 years after moving but it is now so nice to have everything organised.

I filled the attic but am now slowly getting rid of the amount.

Why did I bring so much unwanted stuff with me !!

Yes very frustrating, I think it was because I was feeling so tired, I was diagnosed with pernicious aenemia  the december 2016, and even though I'm having the right treatment I still get extremely tired.  I was determined that no unwanted stuff would come here but it's suprising how much stuff has gone to the charity shop since we moved lol.

January 10, 2018 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lucy

Hope you are feeling better soon, moving house is very stressful and such hard work, anemia is horrible I was in hospital last year after being rushed away in an ambulance with it , I hope your medication is working and you are feeling better and enjoying your dollhouses again

January 10, 2018 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Hi Chris, hope things will improve for you now, has your doctor check your B12 which can be low when you are anaemic. I had to have B12 injections.

January 11, 2018 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Jan at January 11, 2018 at 7:30 AM

Hi Chris, hope things will improve for you now, has your doctor check your B12 which can be low when you are anaemic. I had to have B12 injections.

Hi Jan, yes I have been having the injections since Dec 2016, but only after telling the doctor my symptoms were either one of two things.  Luckily he was not my usual doctor and took me seriously and arranged the appropriate tests.  I knew it was much more than just stress but felt I hadn't been taken seriously by usual doctors for years.

January 11, 2018 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

lucy at January 10, 2018 at 10:26 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon, moving house is very stressful and such hard work, anemia is horrible I was in hospital last year after being rushed away in an ambulance with it , I hope your medication is working and you are feeling better and enjoying your dollhouses again

Yes it's awful, I really felt that I was on my way out!!

January 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

chris g at January 11, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Jan at January 11, 2018 at 7:30 AM

Hi Jan, yes I have been having the injections since Dec 2016, but only after telling the doctor my symptoms were either one of two things.  Luckily he was not my usual doctor and took me seriously and arranged the appropriate tests.  I knew it was much more than just stress but felt I hadn't been taken seriously by usual doctors for years.

Doctors seem reluctant to test for B12 deficiency, I had ask 3 times before they would test me, but now make sure they do regular blood tests because they over dosed me and it has the same effect as having too little. The injections were every 3 months but they were only doing a blood test every year.

January 11, 2018 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

Glad you're back on site Chris, and good luck with your health issues!

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

January 12, 2018 at 3:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

Edel at January 12, 2018 at 3:54 AM

Glad you're back on site Chris, and good luck with your health issues!

Thank you Edel.

January 12, 2018 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.