Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Freda will soon be reunited with you all - thank goodness!

Freda Knight

Hi, dear friends -

Sorry to have been silent for so long!  Guess what, I've been back in hospital - this time for a total of 16 days - what a nightmare.  I won't bore you all with the horrible details, save to say, I've been really ill with delayed shock caused through my original accident (on 10th September) with ulcertative colitis and diverticulititis (enough said - other than to say it resulted in an emergency admission because I was really ill and then had a fit and ongoing delirium).  I never ever want to go back to that dratted hospital again - too many wards, too many split shifts, and too many doctors telling you they would send you home whilst you could hardly lift your head off the pillow.  I came out the day before yesterday, and am now building my strength slowly.  Today, our grandson, Adam, is sourcing me a new computer as the disk drive on this one broken (a bit like I have been) - and I'll soon be joining you all in the on-line comments and fun.  I'm now well enough to say, I've really missed you all, my dear on-line friends.  I'm anxious to let you all know, I haven't disappeared and am so sorry I have been unable to contact you all before this date.  I'm now going to settle in front of the fire, with my iPad and peruse what you have all been up to whilst I've been out of action.  Before I went into hospital, I got some lovely new (old) Grecons (ha ha - I'm happily spent up, but delighted that I took the plunge when I did, as I'll enjoy puttting to gether little stories around their imagined lives.  Bye for now - take care, I'll be back sooner than you all want, no doubt annoying you all with my daft stories.  Take care.  Freda xxx

--
November 10, 2016 at 5:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Oh poor Freda, you have certainly been through the wars.

Let's hope being at home surrounded by plenty of pretty things (houses) will speed up your recovery.

Sending you lots of hugs xxx

--

:)

November 10, 2016 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

karen
I'm sorry to hear you have been so unwell. I know what you mean about doctors wanting to discharge you too early as I am having the same battle with my mother. Best wishes x
--

karen

November 10, 2016 at 7:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Maddy

Warmest wishes for a full recovery, Freda.  I will look forward to your new stories.  Regards

November 10, 2016 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

Oh Freda, that sounds appalling. But I'm very very glad to hear you're at home again and getting better and look forward to seeing your new Grecons whenever you're up to posting them.

With very best wishes

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

November 10, 2016 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

That's awful Freda do hope you will be feeling better soon, miss the tales and Tom of course and now more Grecons that will upset him. Best Wishes to you and John, we sometimes forget o/Half is caring for you.

November 10, 2016 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

How dreadful for you Freda.  I can truly sympathise as I have Diverticulitis & IBS so I do know what you have been going through!  Lovely to hear that you are home & looking forward to more tales of dering do from you!

--

Valerie Towers

November 10, 2016 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Sorry Freda I mean Dave, its Vals o/h John Lol

November 10, 2016 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Confused as usual!!!

November 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Oh poor you, Freda - you really have been in the wars this last few months haven't you? So pleased to hear you are feeling better after your latest hospital visit and look forward to seeing you up and running on here soon. Love and hugs.

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

November 10, 2016 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja

So sorry to hear you have been through the mill Freda, Great to hear you are back home & on the mend, sending you best wishes for a speedy & full recovery. Looking forward to reading tales! 

November 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I have been wondering about your absence but imagined that perhaps you were enjoying that previously cancelled holiday. So sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations and trust that you are on the mend now with no further complications or setbacks.

November 10, 2016 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jill

Sorry to hear you've had such a rotten time of it and delighted you are on the mend, happily back home.  I hope you will soon be back to full strength very soon.

November 10, 2016 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Claire Quick

Get well soon xx

November 10, 2016 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jazz

Yes. Get well soon. xx

November 10, 2016 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum
Hope you are soon up to full strength again, Freda!
--

November 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anita

Get well soon Freda, I look forward to seeing your new Grecon people. 

November 11, 2016 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Janetc

I too wish you a spedy recovery and look forward to further tales and your new Grecons.

--

November 11, 2016 at 6:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Freda Knight

Thank you, kind friends, as we speak - I am now on my new computer, and this has cheered me up, so I can link up with you call properly once more. Your lovely commentshave cheered me up so much and given me a sense of purpose. My lovely Dave has been so worried and I think he feels so pleased to see me now looking at my new computer - bought only so I can link with you all. Once more, thank you for your kind thoughts - so very much appreciated. Freda xx

--
November 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sarah

So pleased you are feeling better after such a terrible time and are able to start thinking about some more stories - looking forward to them!

November 12, 2016 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.