Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New magazine

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Finally, the new issue of the magazine is here! It's so late I'm considering it a double issue, for March-June. Thank you very much to everyone who contributed - its late appearance is not due to slow contributors at all, but to me being busy and then tired after I stopped being so busy. I'll send out the email notification shortly, but in the meantime, for those of you dropping in, enjoy it!

--

Rebecca :)

June 5, 2016 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jenny

The new magazine is wonderful, as always, and thank you to all who have contributed. Fascinating inspiring  articles which I will read and read again.

June 5, 2016 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

"...its late appearance is ...due to me being busy and then tired after I stopped being so busy"

I know how you feel, Rebecca! As always, it's well worth waiting for! I've only had time for quick skim through (I'm busy!), so will be coming back for a slower read once things calm down. Thank you to everyone who has contributed a great selection of articles to this issue.

June 5, 2016 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

I've had a quick flick and can hardly wait for our evening meal to cook, be eaten and thee dishes done so I can sit down and read it from start to finish. it looks wonderful and well worth the wait. With a new, half-Japanese grandbaby, I' intrigued by the Japanese content. I sooo want to buy or make a traditional Japanese far dolls' house to share with him.
Thank you, Rebecca and all the contributors!

--

June 5, 2016 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator
Great magazine -as always - thank you Rebecca!
--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

June 5, 2016 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeanette

Wonderful information and pictures, Rebecca, a round of applause for all concerned...

--

June 5, 2016 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Had a quick look, hope to have time tomorrow, thank you.

June 5, 2016 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Had a good look and as usual a wonderul read!

You always put in so much hard work you deserve a medal xxxx

--

:)

June 5, 2016 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wendy c

Linda - I'll second that.  Haven't had a chance to look yet - I've just come to France for a holiday and I'll be able to read at my leisure -Bliss! You do a marvellous job and it doesn't matter a jot whether it's late XX

June 5, 2016 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Excellent read Rebecca as always, thank you :) 

June 5, 2016 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan Jones

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for another fascinating read - my whole evening gone!!  I have posted separately about the mystery house, but your magazine has given me new facts again - the mention of the cigar box back to the piece in the V&A article made me look again at the back of the original mantel piece in my Victorian house.  What I thought was a stamp on the wood (presumed thin ply) is now obviously from a cigar box!  Thank you.

Incidently I will be in London for a week next month.  Can you point me to anything special in the antique miniatures line?  Already have Kristin Baybars and the Bethnal Green museum on the list!  (actually visiting a niece after the week of miniatures in Tune, Denmark but I am sure she won't want me all the time!)  Markets, shops etc???

Thanks again.

Jan Jones in Tasmania

June 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Freda Knight

A big 'thank you' to Rebecca and all the contributors - another fascinating read.

June 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

I read it from cover to cover immediately it appeared!  Excellent,well done all !

--

Valerie Towers

June 6, 2016 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.