Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Cobham

Rubyred

Does anyone know if there is a vintage Dolls House Fair happening at Cobham next Sunday, June 21, 2015?

If there is are you hoping to attend?

Many thanks

--
June 14, 2015 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elizabeth J

I do hope so !!!!  as I have made arrangements to travel down there.

--

June 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alicia Davies

well as you probably know Wendy and I am no longer selling at Cobham. Hopefully though I have a lift to Cobham this Sunday so will see some of you there.

June 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Jenny, I know I shoud be grateful that I've gotten to Cobham once a year for the last two years but I'm still jealous if you twice-a-yearers! :roll:

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

June 15, 2015 at 5:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

Everyone's gone very quiet. Is anyone coming to Cobham? Why have you given up selling, Alicia?

--

Liza Antrim

June 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rubyred

Liza at June 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Everyone's gone very quiet. Is anyone coming to Cobham? Why have you given up selling, Alicia?

I am going to Cobham on Sunday and will hope to see others there. It is my favourite and I love looking at the displays and buying a few treasures. Who else is going? Cheers.

--
June 16, 2015 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christine R

I hope to be there on Sunday, we better have some kind of ID on us. 

June 16, 2015 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Liza is right - the site has gone very quiet and lots of people who were doing interesting projects a year or so ago, are never heard from now. Where are you, Jonny, with your amazing curtain making? The list of "lost" names is getting a bit long but, since no fabulous sales of dolls' houses seem to have been springing up all over the country, I am assuming all these personal collections are still intact and being worked on. But it would be nice if progress was posted so we could all be inspired.

June 17, 2015 at 3:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Barbara

I can't make it this time, will have to save up for October!

June 17, 2015 at 3:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

christine jaeger

i am still waiting for my lotto win so that i can go... :)

--

christine xx

June 17, 2015 at 4:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

As major building work on my real house has started, I can not do any thing to my little houses  :(

But I am still here and reading the comments and looking at the pics Rosemary.

Wish I was going to Cobham, but hope those that go find lots of lovely things to buy.

--

:)

June 17, 2015 at 7:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Think people move on to other things Rosemary the winter was busy for me although did still try to look at the photos.

June 17, 2015 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

I'm hoping Julie is away or very busy and nothing awful has befallen her. I really miss Patty and her unique take on everything - hope all is ok with you if you're out there! Yes, it is a bit quiet at the moment. If anyone fancies letting us see what they're working on at the moment or any new purchases or makes that would be fab. How's the department store coming on, Debbie? I have stalled a bit on my 1990s Hobbies House while I psyche myself up to put wiring in - I hate electrics! I keep changing my mind about the outside too - paper/brick slips - decisions decisions... (Hope your extension is going ok now, Linda! xx)

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

June 17, 2015 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

I hope Julie's OK too, she normally lets me know if she's going to be away without internet access.

Yes, some members who were posting a year or so ago are busy with other things - but luckily some members who've joined within the last year, like JanetC and Do (theinfill), are prolific posters :D

--

Rebecca :)

June 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I'm here - I've just had back-to-back visitors staying for the last 10 days, so limited internet time! I've checked in twice daily, have left the odd Comment and shuffled the Albums around occasionally, but that's all the time I've had. Scooting off again now, because I'm late for my Dad's (going today because I've another commitment tomorrow!).

June 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

I'm glad to hear that, Julie! I think I did notice that you'd reordered a few albums, but I do rather lose track of who does which when! Hope you're enjoying all your visitors!

--

Rebecca :)

June 17, 2015 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ilenalana

I'm thinking of going to Cobham but we are very busy so I might have to miss it.. ( Again ).....I will try to find time to post a few photo's later, I have done some plonking in my DH12, I had a rummage and found some things to put in even though some are only temporary. I have also started doing a few things to my cabinet house, changing one or two lights etc and I am re- doing the chapel in it...I have stripped the Wallpaper off and painted a new stained glass window for the back wall.  It took me three days to do but I'm not sure if I like it now.

June 17, 2015 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

No chance of Cobham from the Czech Republic!   Small Worlds is once again open to the public but very few visitors likely until the Czech holiday season starts on 1st July.   So I am busy putting in a few new things.

Work is about to start (after 30 years or so) on my 1928 Triang, not sure of model name, I am hastily creating a Shell Shop (selling, not made of) to fill the space now that the Triang is on the work-table, and I spent last week planting a Britain's Floral Garden which will be the subject of my next blogpost which I hope to produce some time this week.....

Oh Zoe - I too hate electrics!

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

June 17, 2015 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

OTHER THINGS, REBECCA!  I thought that once the mini-bug bit, you were addicted for life.  I thought that there was no cure but perhaps there is - in which case i need to find out what so I can drop the mini-mansions, the demanding Grecon villagers and get a life of my own again. But if the "cured" have left the site, we will never know the prescription.

June 17, 2015 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

I'm still here. I'm scraping and painting and papering my DH/C, my DH1 as well as turning my 76 into a hat shop. 

June 17, 2015 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.