Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Personal disaster

Kim W

Hello everyone,

would just like to let you all know that in the last three weeks my husband has been seriously ill in hospital from being poisoned by a medication he was prescribed for Trigeminal neuralgia.  He has now recovered but gone straight into a "midlife crisis" and run off with the lady (?) who lived next door but one until she moved away a month ago.   As you can imagine I am in total shock as is everyone who know's us.  To cut a long story short I will be selling most of my houses so if anyone has seen my photos and is interested you can contact me on kimrobbin@hotmail.com.   Thank you all.

October 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Oh no! Oh Kim, I am so sorry. What an awful time you must have had while your husband was in hospital - and now to be hit by this! I hope you have lots of support. Big long distance hugs ((((()))))

--

Rebecca :)

October 11, 2014 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

Oh Kim, I am so sorry. 

October 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paula

Oh what a terrible time for you!!! I really hope things get better for you soon!! xxx

--

http://paulasvintageminiworld.blogspot.co.uk/ http://paulasminiworld.blogspot.co.uk/

October 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Oh Kim, you poor thing.

I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling.

Keep strong and you will get through this terrible time.  I hope you have some support but you know we are all here for you.

Best wishes xxxxxx

--

:)

October 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

So sorry for you. I have had a few dramas in life but not two at the same time.  But with time things do get better.

October 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Goodness Kim, at least you know about it and can move on from this terrible episode, a lot of women live in ignorance of what the O/H is up to. Hope you stay well and strong to cope with all this.

October 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kim W

Thank you so much everyone for all your best wishes and much appreciated support.

October 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patty W

Flamin' heck, Kim!!! what a shock...but for goodness sake don't do anything you might regret later. We women are made of strong stuff, don't let it change you, what ever you do xxx

October 11, 2014 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Liza

What a bummer! Brother-in-law did something similar after being nursed through a heart attack and triple bypass. I think they go mad! Don't sell your houses too soon. You may regret it later. We're all behind you.

--

Liza Antrim

October 11, 2014 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kim W

Liza at October 11, 2014 at 2:56 PM

What a bummer! Brother-in-law did something similar after being nursed through a heart attack and triple bypass. I think they go mad! Don't sell your houses too soon. You may regret it later. We're all behind you.

Soooo   do you think it may be the equivalent of a midlife crisis?

October 11, 2014 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sal

Yes.Sounds like you have both been through a lot, perhaps wait for the dust to settle before you do anything too rash, if you can bear to. A really horrible situation, you have my sympathy.

--

October 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. My ex husband had a midlife crisis, I was quite shocked to find out he was leading a double life. There I was thinking he worked very long hours for our family. It is many years on now and I can tell you it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It didn't seem like it at the time but now I'm so grateful it happened, I feel like I've had a second chance at life. You will get through this and come out the otherside a stronger person xxxxx

October 11, 2014 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patty W

...it's a story that repeats itself over and over again, isn't it...you are not alone Kim!

October 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

I'm so sorry Kim, here's me so excited about winning my houses at auction and you are going through all this rubbish. We are all here for you Kim! Please don't give up on you dolls houses! xx

October 11, 2014 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kim W

Criky! seems to be more common than I realised.

October 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

My brother-in-law went off with another woman, they went on holiday and within two weeks of coming home, she died of rapid leukaemia. My sister never had him back but they are friends.

October 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chris g

So sorry to hear your news Kim, it must be a terrible shock. Please don't give up your hobby because of this, as you may regret it later on.  Just put it to one side for now, until things have settled down and you know where you stand.  Hope you have some good support behind you, and you know you can always have a chat on here.

October 11, 2014 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I can only reiterate what others have said. I am so very sorry that after the worry of your husband's serious illness, and supporting him through it, you have had this shock. Please don't rush into disposing of your dolls houses - you may regret it once they've gone. They will sit quietly and wait until you are ready for them again. Look after yourself, in the meantime.

October 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

Kim, I am so dreadfully sorry, what an enormous shock. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. I am with the others, if you can put off selling your dolls houses until things quieten down, then it might be a good idea. You might come to really value the absorbing distraction and quiet enjoyment that they can offer you. They say you shouldn't make any major decisions for at least a year after a major trauma, if you can hold off on selling, it might be good advice. Thinking of you!

October 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.