Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > Renovation/ restoration/ creation > What is the scale for Brumberger houses?

Eklectic1

I have a good chance of picking up a used Brumberger Chalet cheap and I was wondering if someone could tell me whether it is 3/4" or 1/2" scale. I've only dealt with 1/12" scale up to this point, so I wanted to start pushing my thoughts in the right direction regarding the size furnishings I could use, if I do buy this item.

The house is solid enough, doesn't look too warped (I'm assuming masonite warps if given half a chance in a basement or attic), although the applied papers are somewhat worn and faded. The added plastic parts (chimney, window frames, etc.) are gone from the roof and door/window openings. Too bad about the roof and door fittings, but...I like it anyway. It's a good item for me to refurbish to my own liking---it's not an exquisite antique, and I won't be eroding the value if I do my thing with it, and it's my chance to "play" with a close-to-mid-century house.

No furnishings, but that's fine---don't really like the rigid plastic, all-one-piece doll furniture. I had a Marx dollhouse as a little girl, and found that type of furniture unsatisfying.

Anyway, any thoughts on the scale? I am thinking it is 1/2" scale, but I'd love to hear from someone with knowledge on this.

--

July 13, 2014 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Hi Eklectic1, Deaun has https://www.flickr.com/photos/57604958@N06/6366914883/in/photostream/" target="_blank">a Brumberger chalet which she's shown on flickr furnished with 1/2" scale furniture, which fills the rooms nicely.

--

Rebecca :)

July 14, 2014 at 7:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Eklectic1

Thanks, Rebecca!

--

July 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eklectic1

Just won the house for cheap on Shop Goodwill.com. The shipping is more than the house, but I knew that going in. Now the fun begins!

--

July 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.