Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Creating Wallpapers on a computer

Daniels Dollshouse

Hello all

I want to try creating replacement wallpapers on my computer, I know how to scan and print, its the bit in the middle. For those of you who do it, what software do you use? for example, I have some large fragments of very old paper that I want to scan and piece together to make a new sheet. Does anyone have any useful tips?

Here's hoping

Daniel

August 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Béatrice DASSONVILLE

Hi Daniel,

I suppose , there are better ways to do than mine, but that's what I do:

I first make a picture of my paper, select the part I want to use, and which is the smaller part of the design, I create a .jpg file. Then I use Word. I create a new document. Then I select the .jpg file. I paste it. Change the size of the picture in Word, in order to be at the right scale. And then copy, paste, again and again, until the page is full.

I hope, it works for you,

--

Béatrice DASSONVILLE

my little online shop:

http://b.dassonville.free.fr/minivide-grenier/index.html

August 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Hi Daniel,

my son prints papers for me (I'm useless!) but he says its hard to explain in words exactly what he does.

He scans a good segment of the pattern and then copies and pastes it next to it, and again until you have built up the width you need. You do need a piece that is a consistent colour to do this.

Hope this helps in some way,

Linda.

--

:)

August 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Oops, sent that the same time, but sounds like the same method!

--

:)

August 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

I think if you have photoshop you can do this automatically with the Tile command - I've done it once, but don't normally have access to Photoshop.

August 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CeliaT

Rebecca Green at 12:52PM on Aug 27, 2009

I think if you have photoshop you can do this automatically with the Tile command - I've done it once, but don't normally have access to Photoshop.

Hi there

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements. Scan your remnant in, then in Photoshop, cut out using the Crop Tool the best piece of the pattern on screen. The easiest way is to formulate it into a square, then replicate side by side, row by row until you have enough to fill a sheet. If you are lucky with the pattern, some lend themselves better than others, it can work well. However on some intricate patterns, it will not be an exact match but could be acceptable.

When you become more confident with the tools on Adobe, you can do allsorts...and more intricate procedures......it is actually quite good fun and amazing what you can achieve!

Hope this helps.

Celia

August 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Erzulie

Yes - I use Photoshop as well - same method as Celia.

August 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.