Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > I found these in a charity shop....

wendy c

They were so tiny and sweet, and looked quite old to me. Are they home made, or was it a little kit you could buy.....I'd be really interested to find out anything about them if you could help? There's a photo in my album.

August 24, 2009 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda B

Hi Wendy,

I remember in the 60s a very similar set of furniture my mother had.

Unfortunately I cant tell you anything else about them or how long she had had them.

--

:)

August 24, 2009 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Hi, I saw two chairs with that style back for sale on ebay they were described as "vintage handmade", didn't say if they were from a kit, so sorry can't answer that one. They are a lovely set any rough idea of scale?

August 24, 2009 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kate Lennard

They are very lovely. Great find! Did you see that Di Davies thinks she remembers them in a how to make section of a Brownie Annual? Amazing!

--

http://katelennard.com/

August 25, 2009 at 5:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wendy c

Thanks for all your comments - I can just imagine a pack of Brownies sitting round surrounded by pins and thread and getting into a real tangle!  Thanks so much for that recollection. The table is about an inch high, so too small for 1/16th, but I'm sure I'll find something to do with them.

August 27, 2009 at 4:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

If you don't have a house of the right scale, sometimes tiny furniture can be used for kids' (or dolls) furniture in 1/12th or 1/16th scale.

August 27, 2009 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.