Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > DH wish list...

Patty W

We have had a topic about which houses we would let go if 'push came to shove', but even people with huge collections may still have a secret 'hankering' for a certain something???

I don't have that many houses, so numbers are not an issue for me, but unfortunately finances are!....my secret longing is for a Stockbroker, either in original condition or fully refurbished to high standard (by someone like Trevor), because i don't want to have to do anything to it at all, I have already some lovely furniture, so i just want it to be 'ready to go', and in fact a re-furb would be ideal as i would add lots of lights. This would be my DH wish list......  

January 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

I like all dolls houses and love looking at them, probably a Christian Hacker would be special to me, not sure on the size of all the models and don't think I have seen them all, but preferably a smaller one.

January 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Claire Quick

triang shop for me

January 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

All of the above! LOL.

Patty, you prompted me to post photos of my new Stockbroker. I love these houses but didn't think I'd pluck up the courage to pay the going rate for an early one in good original conditon so I am quite blown away to have gotten this one at such a good price - I think it was fate!

Now that this house is no longer on my wish list, I think a nice original early / mid Victorian box back would be on there and I also have a hankering for a nice old German room box (you know the ones with no top or front and two rooms inside).  Actually, add to that a nice vintage German room box too.  Claire, I wouldn't say no to a Triang shop either!  

I'm afraid I can't narrow the short list down any further. :|

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

January 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I actually had a Triang shop and it's one of the few that I have sold. The rooms upstairs (2) were so small and it was back opening, but fun with telephone box and lovely counters and revolving door.

January 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nicki

triang ultra modern for me, I quite fancy 'doing' Deco

--

Nicki:)

January 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Nicki at January 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM

triang ultra modern for me, I quite fancy 'doing' Deco

Oh yes, I forgot about the Ultra Modern, Nicki!

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

January 20, 2014 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

Triang 53 for me!

--

Valerie Towers

January 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ilenalana

I don't have any special longing for any particular house but there are a lot that I admire, usually I became drawn to a house when it speaks to me, ( Am I bonkers ?.. probably ) Thats how it is most of the time but sometimes I have bought something because it was too good to miss or I feel sorry for it, but once a house becomes mine it becomes family. Lol.

January 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I just fulfilled my 40 year long hankering with the arrival of the Art Deco Triang (No.53).   And then, within weeks of that, the Bodo Hennig Country Classic Manor which I pick up on Wednesday.   I am now  wunschlos glücklich as the Germans say.  (I always translate that in my head as "wishless happy" but see that the official translation is boringly "perfectly happy" :) )

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-eclectic-manor_20.html" target="_blank">In an Eclectic Manor

January 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

I have hardly any room left but there are a few houses I would gladly find the space for. The Lines Kit's Coty house with stairs and two widow's walks (Rosemary's one is a beautiful example, you lucky thing you!) is at the top of the list. I am also in love with the facade of the DH1 (I think it is) or 3 or both, with the original soft orange-pinkish brick. Impossible but dreamed of are a Christian Hacker house and an American FAO SChwartz Mystery house! I think that would be enough, don't you, don't want to be greedy, lol!

January 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

christine jaeger

i'll have what she's having...:)

--

christine xx

January 20, 2014 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

You have superb taste, Christine ;-)

January 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

12Create

I'd just love an old two room box back with lovely old papers. Simple and basic but beautiful. Unfortunately as my husband unexpectedly lost his job last week I am likely to have to sell some of my vintage dolls house items rather than add to my collection. Maybe one day! (although the likelihood of finding an old box back in New Zealand is remote).

--

Sharee

January 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

annabelle

12Create at January 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I'd just love an old two room box back with lovely old papers. Simple and basic but beautiful. Unfortunately as my husband unexpectedly lost his job last week I am likely to have to sell some of my vintage dolls house items rather than add to my collection. Maybe one day! (although the likelihood of finding an old box back in New Zealand is remote).

Sorry to hear that, I hope things will turn around for you quickly x

--

January 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

christine jaeger

thats no good .. fingers crossed he will pick up work soon..   i am still waiting to use janes beautiful papers.. i don't have enough hours in the day... and i don't work.... at least not paid work..  :D

--

christine xx

January 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

On my wish list - a 19th century Australian house! or probably more than one ;) I'd especially love to find the 9-bay mid 19th century dolls house raffled in Tasmania in 1943, but I suspect it's probably lost or thrown out .... Other dolls houses reported in the papers, like the Tasmanian Apex Dolls Dream House from 1942, Mrs Oswald Gibson's Tintern Hall dolls house from 1936, which had miniature paintings by Australian artists, and was given to a children's hospital in 1937 :( Many of the houses from the Dolls Houses in Australia 1870-1950 exhibition ... This is probably more of a dream list than a realistic wish list, but maybe, one day .... fingers crossed?

--

Rebecca :)

January 21, 2014 at 1:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Just ONE more Lines.......perfick!

January 21, 2014 at 4:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mrs B

Unfortunatly I'm having to accept my limitations these days and realise that anything more than decorating is more than I can cope with  so with that in mind I,ve been on the look out for a modern House,something quirky perhapes or maybe another Lundby.

January 21, 2014 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

12Create at January 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Sharee, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that your husband is lucky enough to find something else really good as soon as possible, and will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

If it cheers you up any, apparently there is at least one beautiful old box back and a lovely Lines house that used to be in NZ, in Christchurch -- Marion Osborne was trying to track them down but their owner has sadly died, so we don't know where they are now or if they are still in the country. But you never know...

Rebecca, I hope you come across at least one of those wonderful old dolls houses you know are out there! How fabulous that would be.

January 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.