Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Does anyone know about miniature Trench Art?

KateSW

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about Trench Art miniatures?.

Does anyone have any in their dolls houses?

I picked up this little table today from a local sale. I know its not everyones cup of tea but a piece of history none the less. Photos are in my album.

January 5, 2014 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nicki

I've just had a look and its definitely trench art, I have several pieces but have never seen anything like this, I would love to know what the filigree tray top started life as. Pretty certain its WW1 but without being able to check the code on the base of the bullets its hard to be sure. A lovely little find

--

Nicki:)

January 5, 2014 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KateSW

Thanks. It's not normally my sort of thing but for some reason I couldn't leave it on the stall. I kept going back to it and eventually made an offer 2/3 of what was being asked and they said yes- meant to be!.

OH is just obsessed with what type of bullets they are which has given me inspiration to get him interested-  fill the dolls house with trench art and Bobs your uncle!.

January 5, 2014 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ilenalana

I can inform you that they are 8mm bullets, They are french and fit the lebel rifle. definately WW1.   My partner Steve is militaria collector/ historian, What he doesn't know about both world wars isn't worth knowing. Lol

January 6, 2014 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KateSW

Thanks ilenalana. I thought someone may have a knowledgeable hubbie!. Very interesting.

January 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.