Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > unknown Kitchen dresser

Alicia Davies

Can anyone identify who made this please. The dresser is made of tin and approximately 7 inches high. It came in an old Lines house but I think it could possibly be German.

Thank you Alicia

July 22, 2009 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Stephen

Hi All, the pictures of the dresser are in the "Photo Gallery" section in Alicia's album

July 22, 2009 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lizzie

wonderful dresser, could be Bing????

July 23, 2009 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alicia Davies

Lizzie thank you for your suggestion. I have had one other suggestion that it could be Bing ( but I cannot find out much about Bing so far). Also a suggestion of Marklin and Lenham. Alicia

July 24, 2009 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

Swantje Koehler probably has some info about Bing. There is a Bing museum which has a website - http://www.spielzeugmuseum-freinsheim.de/index2.html. Not many pictures of tin furniture etc, but it has a history (in German, Geschichte der Bing-Werke), with marks used, and a little bit in English. I found this through the entry about Bing in German Wikipedia, which is a great source of info on German firms which produced dolls houses and dolls house furniture.

July 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alicia Davies

Rebecca Green at 09:37AM on Jul 24, 2009

Swantje Koehler probably has some info about Bing. There is a Bing museum which has a website - http://www.spielzeugmuseum-freinsheim.de/index2.html. Not many pictures of tin furniture etc, but it has a history (in German, Geschichte der Bing-Werke), with marks used, and a little bit in English. I found this through the entry about Bing in German Wikipedia, which is a great source of info on German firms which produced dolls houses and dolls house furniture.

Rebecca. Thank you for your help. I will go take a look at the website. Hope you are well. Alicia

July 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.