Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > What's my house? > Art Deco Style House

Debbie S

Bit of an update on the house. I've stripped out all the existing decor and repainted the exterior (just a freshen up with white emulsion). I've taken out the dividing walls between the living/dining room. I was tempted to leave the ground floor one in place but it looked off balance, so that went yesterday. I've partially wallpapered 2 bedrooms and 2 hallways and I've removed the balcony rail from the roof while I decide what to do with it. Looking OK so far, Pics later today.

February 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie S

Pics of the prototype hallway (run out of paper for one wall though sorry), the new open plan look lounges and the start of the bedroom decorations. I know it's not that thrilling for you at this stage but with 18 rooms to do, I feel I need to show some progress to keep me motivated.

Also can you guess what I used to make the lift? Answers tomorrow.

February 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patty W

You can't rush a project of this size!...it's a bit like gardening or dieting- you have to be in the right mood!

February 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ilenalana

Debbie S at February 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Pics of the prototype hallway (run out of paper for one wall though sorry), the new open plan look lounges and the start of the bedroom decorations. I know it's not that thrilling for you at this stage but with 18 rooms to do, I feel I need to show some progress to keep me motivated.

Also can you guess what I used to make the lift? Answers tomorrow.

These things take time and patience,  Looks promising so far,  The lift looks super, Is it parts of railing?  It looks similar to the railing I used on 2 Kings Rd.:)

February 22, 2013 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie S

Good guess ilenalana it's not a railing but something quite similar - comes from a kids construction kit.  When I get home tonight I'll take a photo of all the bits I used to make the lift.

Thanks for reminding me to be patient - not my forte I'm afraid when I get excited about something LOL.

February 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie S

Photo uploaded in the art deco album of lift components. Well done ilenalana for the closest guess.

February 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adele Wallace

Debbie what a fantastic job you have done making the lift it looks superb 

February 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie S

Added a pic of my new sofa.

February 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie S

Came up with a solution to the 'too much open plan' look. I've made some double french doors to separate off the third room. Photo in my album.

March 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site