Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > Renovation/ restoration/ creation > Kendrew

Sarah

Please can anyone give me information on Kendrew houses please? Thank you

June 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jenny

Hi Sarah, I have a friend who has a Kendrew house they were  also sold under the name Lectromatic.  Hers has a metal label on the front with the makers name on it. The firm is or was based in Yorkshire possibly around Doncaster or  roughly  that area. Not sure what you want to know about them. My friends is Georgian style,  beautifully built and  others I have seen are mostly Georgian in style too.  They  kindly delivered the house themselves to my friend  and I was lucky enough to be there at the same time which was really exciting!  This would be in the mid  1990's. My aunty has a Tudor house from them too which I think was made a few years earlier than my friends, I don't think they made many Tudor ones. Jenny :)

June 4, 2018 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sarah

jenny at June 4, 2018 at 6:59 AM

Hi Sarah, I have a friend who has a Kendrew house they were  also sold under the name Lectromatic.  Hers has a metal label on the front with the makers name on it. The firm is or was based in Yorkshire possibly around Doncaster or  roughly  that area. Not sure what you want to know about them. My friends is Georgian style,  beautifully built and  others I have seen are mostly Georgian in style too.  They  kindly delivered the house themselves to my friend  and I was lucky enough to be there at the same time which was really exciting!  This would be in the mid  1990's. My aunty has a Tudor house from them too which I think was made a few years earlier than my friends, I don't think they made many Tudor ones. Jenny :)

Thank you Jenny. I have just bought one! It's enormous and weighs a tonne, 15 rooms. It has been left untouched but thankfully all the copper tape is in place ready to go! Will be a lifetime project, I intend to make the inside of mine Edwardian, Downton Abbey! X

June 10, 2018 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jenny

Wow that sounds gorgeous! What a project, it does sound very Downton Abbey! Yours is bigger than my friends house which has 4 main rooms plus central stairs with hall and landing and then 2 or 3 further rooms in the attic which also have a staircase to them. 

June 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sarah

I hope I've not taken on too much of a project! 

June 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

christine jaeger

OMG.. sounds amazing.. please post some pics so that we can see what you are doing.. :)

--

christine xx

June 12, 2018 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Gosh Sarah that is a big project. 15 rooms is quite some to go at in one house. Would love to see photos too. Even if you can't post them here it is always nice to keep before and after photos so you can look back on all your hard work. 

June 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sarah

It will certainly be a lifetime project for me. I am in the process of finishing two Triang renovations and then I'll make a start. I've never had a 'from scratch' house before! X

June 16, 2018 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site