Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Johnny's Hobbies House

Trumble's Mum

This may be in the wrong topic area, so please move if it is, moderators.

Please could anyone help with the rough date of the house that Johnny showed in the Hobbies album. He called it his Little House. I have one like it though, like almost all my houses it is in store.-It's almost flattened, but all the pieces there so I will attempt to put it back together when I can but would like to know when plans appeared in Hobbies magazines or sales if anyone can help. Also, what period architecturally you think it represents. I'm considering as my new little friend, Clover the all bisque doll's new abode as it seems generic early to mid cottage in feel, but would like opinions, please.

Feel a bit of a traitor to dear old DHP&P as I would normally ask once it was available to work on, but with all the gloom about this website possibly disappearing, thought I should jump in now. I hope we are all wrong!

--

April 23, 2018 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Found Rebecca's article from 2014, in spite of Webs deciding to make life hard.
Thank you Rebecca!
  Jenni

--

April 23, 2018 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Hobbies plan 2910, Jenni. Available from 1951 to 1968. See Rebecca's article, in the March 2014 magazine. Hobbies called it a Modern Doll's House but real-life houses in this style were being built in the 1920s.

April 23, 2018 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Re-wording the above allowed it to post - I'd tried six times with my original text!

April 23, 2018 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Brooksey at April 23, 2018 at 1:34 PM

Re-wording the above allowed it to post - I'd tried six times with my original text!

So annoying isn't it, Brooksey. I am getting tired of typiny re-Captcha V1 is out of use' just to post a comment!

--

April 23, 2018 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site