Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > GRUMPY!

Rosemary

I am getting exasperated by the term "rare" on a certain site - especially when you know it's not rare at all. I am exasperated by this site which laconically passes on messages - or not, as the mood takes it,  I am exasperated by no replies to any queries that I may make about the former problem, I am exasperated about the daft prices that are being asked for run-of-the-mill items, for dolls' houses, I am exasperated at myself for being upset and annoyed at anything that I have listed.  I think that it is time that I returned to RL and got down to a load of gardening instead of getting my blood pressure up!!!! 

Did anyone have any comments to make about my theory that the Angry wallpaper was the wicked Easter Bunny stealing the hen's eggs to give away at Easter?  I thought that was one of my Eurika moments, despite the fact that I wasn't in the bath at the time - unlike aged Greek philosphers who seemed to have great moments when bathing.

I'll go and have a bath myself now and try to wash away the GRUMPINESS - but before that I have the Grumpy Capcha V1 is SHUTDOWN to cope with. It may not allow me to post this so all my grumpiness will have been in vain!

April 21, 2018 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

I'm trying to be laid back at the moment. I can't see your theory of the angry rabbit paper, but it sounds good!

April 21, 2018 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum
Definitely a EurekAlert moment, Rosemark. I had seen the paper before and thought the creatures all looked grumpy but not reasoned out why that might be. Just wondering though, what dreadful Grecon parent would hang the paper in some poor little Tom's room with flowering rabbits and furious hens to give them nightmares? What's making me grumpy? The last bank within 25 miles closing its doors, intermittent internet service, being asked to repay the money my mother received in advance for her state pension before she died when she is actually still very much alive and not being able to find the box containing the A/V wallpaper I want to use tomorrow.
--

April 21, 2018 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum
Ok and this wretched Kindle changing what I type!!!!!!!!!
--

April 21, 2018 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

All our useful banks have closed their doors here too, Maddening, Do you remember the days of kindly Bank Managers who were accessible for a chat?

April 22, 2018 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Rosemary at April 22, 2018 at 3:49 AM

All our useful banks have closed their doors here too, Maddening, Do you remember the days of kindly Bank Managers who were accessible for a chat?

That was back in the days when a manager, once promoted to the position, stayed there until retirement and they knew us as people. now, banks are international legalized robbers - only interested in something that is going to bring them more profit. Another part of 'globalization' that I hate. Unless you are prepared to live under a bridge, you have to have an account, but I'd dearly like not to have to bother with them. Still, i need them to process my d/h buys!

--

April 22, 2018 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

My grumpy is around the apparent total inability of people to do the jobs for which they are employed, competently.   "Yes, we will phone you back", "Yes we will pass the message on", "Yes we have sent this person on training" "Yes we will mail you out the rota every Friday without fail".   

Hahahaha.   Most of these gripes relate to coordination between the NHS and social workers/care agency/pharmacies etc etc.   We are constantly being let down in circumstances that are stressful enough all by themselves.

So that when we found a company selling mattresses with efficiency, care, knowledge and speed we could not get over the fact that there are perhaps still people out there who can competently do the jobs for which they are paid.

--

Cestina's Dollshouses: "A musical interlude"

April 22, 2018 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Trumble's Mum at April 21, 2018 at 5:32 PM

Definitely a EurekAlert moment, Rosemark. I had seen the paper before and thought the creatures all looked grumpy but not reasoned out why that might be. Just wondering though, what dreadful Grecon parent would hang the paper in some poor little Tom's room with flowering rabbits and furious hens to give them nightmares? What's making me grumpy? The last bank within 25 miles closing its doors, intermittent internet service, being asked to repay the money my mother received in advance for her state pension before she died when she is actually still very much alive and not being able to find the box containing the A/V wallpaper I want to use tomorrow.

It's bad enough they take money from people after they die but trying to finish us off to get it is a bit much.

April 22, 2018 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Jan at April 22, 2018 at 9:51 AM

It's bad enough they take money from people after they die but trying to finish us off to get it is a bit much.

Re-reading my post there, the GRUMP OF THE DAY for me is my KINDLE!!!!! It changes things after I've prrofread them. then the text is too small for me to read once posted. But I am lazy and do sometimes like to reak through the forums in bed, away from the desktop. maybe I should just stay up a little later?

--

April 22, 2018 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

My grump of the day is ME.  I have been thoroughly tidied up because John has been in Hospital & all trip hazaerds have had to be removed cos he falls over.  I can't live in a totally tidy , rugless house without getting grumpy!

--

Valerie Towers

April 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

lallyp at April 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM

My grump of the day is ME.  I have been thoroughly tidied up because John has been in Hospital & all trip hazaerds have had to be removed cos he falls over.  I can't live in a totally tidy , rugless house without getting grumpy!

Hope John is soon feeling better.

I know how you feel. It is quite uncomfortable when the things you like, such as rugs, have to go away and tidiness becomes a main feature of life - at least it is for me as, if I'm mid project of any kind I hate to have to pack it all away. Can't wait to have the whole house back.....if that ever happens.

--

April 22, 2018 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Edel
Administrator

Hope John is better soon Valerie; and that your house is repaired soon too Jenni. It looks gorgeous in the picture on your Mayhem Village blog.

--

Edel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shero6820/

April 23, 2018 at 1:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Trumble's Mum at April 22, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Jan at April 22, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Re-reading my post there, the GRUMP OF THE DAY for me is my KINDLE!!!!! It changes things after I've prrofread them. then the text is too small for me to read once posted. But I am lazy and do sometimes like to reak through the forums in bed, away from the desktop. maybe I should just stay up a little later?

It is annoying but I don't take any notice of the errors on here it's mostly due to spell check and think most people realise that and with all you are going through at the moment think that I would be grumpy every day in the same situation.

April 23, 2018 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

lallyp at April 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Hope things get better soon Val.

April 23, 2018 at 4:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at April 21, 2018 at 2:41 PM

I am getting exasperated by the term "rare" on a certain site - especially when you know it's not rare at all. I am exasperated by this site which laconically passes on messages - or not, as the mood takes it,  I am exasperated by no replies to any queries that I may make about the former problem, I am exasperated about the daft prices that are being asked for run-of-the-mill items, for dolls' houses, I am exasperated at myself for being upset and annoyed at anything that I have listed.  I think that it is time that I returned to RL and got down to a load of gardening instead of getting my blood pressure up!!!! 

Did anyone have any comments to make about my theory that the Angry wallpaper was the wicked Easter Bunny stealing the hen's eggs to give away at Easter?  I thought that was one of my Eurika moments, despite the fact that I wasn't in the bath at the time - unlike aged Greek philosphers who seemed to have great moments when bathing.

I'll go and have a bath myself now and try to wash away the GRUMPINESS - but before that I have the Grumpy Capcha V1 is SHUTDOWN to cope with. It may not allow me to post this so all my grumpiness will have been in vain!

That seems to make sense and reason for the angry rabbits, a favourite wallpaper of mine. Regarding the rare items on eBay, it's left to us to buy or not and think that's the way they get past this don't think anything will ever be done about it.

April 23, 2018 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

I had to laugh at the poor Stockbroker up for sale in a real auction house, it's fronts were on upside down......How anyone can make this mistake I don't know. Perhapss it to make it "rare"

April 23, 2018 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Val Hill

I had a laugh over that too.

April 23, 2018 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

There was one a while back like that it was a tri-Ang not a stockbroker from what I can remember, so I message them and the posted it correct way up.

April 24, 2018 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site