Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Frustration on that website.

Rosemary

Please Rebecca, can you give us any indication as to where this site is going?  So many people, including two administrators, are unable to access as they should, I am getting warnings that it is an "unsafe site" and when I tried to post this before, I was unable to do so, and this one may fail too.

April 13, 2018 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Rebecca - no answer from you as yet. I see you are active on Facebook so not away from IT access. It would be good to hear from you as to if there are any answers to the mounting problems of the site.

April 14, 2018 at 3:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca Green
Site Owner

I was away on a work trip, Rosemary - now on holiday, so will have time to post :)

--

Rebecca :)

April 16, 2018 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Was unable to post new topic so asking on this thread. When I click on New Topic a message appears above the Captcha box saying.        're Captcha V1 is shutdown also said Direct site owners to g.co/recapture/upgrade.  So unable to post new topic, does anyone know why this is happening.   thanks.

April 17, 2018 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Jan at April 17, 2018 at 6:31 AM

Was unable to post new topic so asking on this thread. When I click on New Topic a message appears above the Captcha box saying.        're Captcha V1 is shutdown also said Direct site owners to g.co/recapture/upgrade.  So unable to post new topic, does anyone know why this is happening.   thanks.

Jan - it has happened to me too, but I just typed in  'captcha V1' to see what would happen and it allowed me through as though that was the password! I'd tried clicking on the symbol that used to allow you to change the passwords, without luck.
Captcha version 1 was closed quite a while back - I was told on another site that it was because many of the random 'words' they had been using were impossible to read or only came up in part so that the person typing them was rejected as the system expected the whole word to be used. They were using version 2 there, so it maybe that Webs need to update their security to a new captcha version?

--

April 17, 2018 at 8:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Thanks Jenni, I will try that next time.

April 17, 2018 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Do you have any news yet, of the future of the site, please, Rebecca?Amazingly it still works for me - with some glitches, but so many others are unable to comment or add pictures and it is becoming very static, not that lively hub that it used to be. 

April 18, 2018 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

I posted this in How do I? (DHP&P Site related only), but it's not showing in the Recent topics  menu - at least, not for me, so I'm repeating it here:

Never mind that other one, I'm fed up to the back teeth with this one! I'm really wanting to comment in the photo albums, and can't. Neither can I send private messages. I can't create or edit photo albums. It's not that I don't care, everyone - I do, passionately! - but almost nothing on the site works for me, now.

April 19, 2018 at 5:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Dear Rebecca - you have not come back with any answers! I feel that we are shipwrecked and hanging on to flotsam amd jetsam, tossed helplessly in the waves and wondering where our Captain is.

April 19, 2018 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frances

I have just entered a search topic & received in the left hand column of the site’s page a list of furniture dealers! Plus a yellow text box saying “Unauthorised access to internal API. Please refer to https etc etc which I an unable to type in here because when I type forward slash I get an emoticon! Bonkers.

April 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

The site is completely broken, and is no longer supported by Webs. (As an example, this is similar to obsolete versions of Windows e.g. XP, which, if installed, can still be used, but no longer receives the regular updates from Microsoft which are necessary to repair broken links, patch glitches, etc.). It is three years since Sitebuilder 3 was introduced, so Webs' support for "legacy" users of SB2 (our system) is now withdrawn.

April 20, 2018 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

I worry when told unsafe site, is our personal information still safe on here.

April 20, 2018 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Jan at April 20, 2018 at 6:13 AM

I worry when told unsafe site, is our personal information still safe on here.

Apart from email addresses, there is no personal information stored on site.

April 20, 2018 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

SO A BROKEN SITE .  I'm sure that we would appreciate some response from Rebecca about the future - or most likely, the non-future of this site.

April 20, 2018 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

I'm thinking Rebecca will report back when or if she has some good news for us, we will just have to continue as things are and hope something good will happen.

April 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jane

I think Rebecca's staying with her sister right now -- or vice versa, I get the impression Rebecca does a lot of travelling round Aus because of her job and because she kind of has two homes but I may be mistaken. 

April 21, 2018 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trumble's Mum

Poor Rebecca, the pressure of being the owner of this site must be hard. She works and doesn't have too much free time. There is nothing she can do to keep the site going if there is nowhere else to take it and Webs aren't interested in us but I know she and the moderators have been trying their best to find a solution. I'm sure that if/when she has news she will be only too keen to let us know.

--

April 21, 2018 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site