Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > Renovation/ restoration/ creation > Old style red brick paper

Veronica

Does anyone know where I can get the old style red brick paper, the one that looks hard and precise, with thin white mortar lines and is a rich, dark orangey red? I have it on both a 1930s and 1940s house and it was very popular in the 1950s.  I have a few scraps from an old sheet I bought in the 1970s (!) and I'm looking for either old stock (hen's teeth) or a good modern reproduction for a restoration project. Many thanks.

August 4, 2017 at 3:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy C

Check out Trevor's stock.  See purple writing list on left hand of home page,  For Sale:Supplies, and then papers.

--

August 4, 2017 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Had no reply from Trevor about the garage door, he must be very busy., or my mail went astray which has been happening recently.

August 4, 2017 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rosemary

Trevor doesn't always answer very quickly since he has been teaching. Maybe he is away now it is the school holiday time. Sorry that I don't have sheet that I could send you, but all my renovated houses with this paper were done up before arrival here.

August 4, 2017 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lyss

I think I might have one sheet of the paper you described,but somehow the site will not accept the photo's I've been trying to post.

If you send me a pm with your email adress I'll send you the pics by mail.

--

August 4, 2017 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

Rosemary at August 4, 2017 at 8:45 AM

Trevor doesn't always answer very quickly since he has been teaching. Maybe he is away now it is the school holiday time. Sorry that I don't have sheet that I could send you, but all my renovated houses with this paper were done up before arrival here.

Have heard from Trevor, I forget he is teaching now and always very busy. 

August 9, 2017 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

This is a clever tool a brick paper generator online. You can set the size and pattern to whatever you want.

http://paperbrick.co.uk/

I managed to make some once using this printing out on A4. The quality of paper and ink will affect the result. You may need to seal it. You could also age it down with something if necessary.

August 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I think I may have some of this Veronica, I will check when I am in Small Worlds tomorrow.  If so I am very unlikely to use it and am happy for it to go to a good home....

--

https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/but-theres-never-rose-like-you.html

August 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda Holmes

Holly at August 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM

This is a clever tool a brick paper generator online. You can set the size and pattern to whatever you want.

http://paperbrick.co.uk/

I managed to make some once using this printing out on A4. The quality of paper and ink will affect the result. You may need to seal it. You could also age it down with something if necessary.

This is an amazing site - thank you for telling us about it Holly.

--
Linda:roll:
August 13, 2017 at 4:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestina

I checked my paper stock Veronica and sadly the only brick one I have is the old one which is more dark red and has less clear lines in cream. The lines are faintly wavy.

It turns out I also have a fair amount of paper with those "curly" grey slate roof tiles if anyone needs some. 

--

https://czechdollshouses.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/but-theres-never-rose-like-you.html

August 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Holly

Glad you found it useful Linda :) I do like the way you can just generate whatever Patterns and size you want and also found it interesting reading what all the brickwork patterns were.

August 14, 2017 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lyss

Veronica,

Please check your inbox!

--

August 17, 2017 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site

Recent Forum Posts

by jenny 115 minutes ago
by Jan 2 hours ago