Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Hobby - fantasy world or harsh realism.

Brooksey

Lyss at May 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM

What an interesting thread this is!

As for me...no puke, no full chamberpots and defenitily no used condoms, Yikes!!!!

In the fifties house I have a small amount of dirty dishes in the sink and a fallen glas with spilt lemonade on the kitchentable.

And in the victorian mansion lurks a lady's secret, hidden in the drawer of het nightstand.

It's made of ivory and is a partial substitute husband...wink,nudge.

Absolutely NOT for child abuse classes.:/

LOL at your "Victorian lady's secret", Lyss! 

May 28, 2017 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

Lyss at May 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM

What an interesting thread this is!

As for me...no puke, no full chamberpots and defenitily no used condoms, Yikes!!!!

In the fifties house I have a small amount of dirty dishes in the sink and a fallen glas with spilt lemonade on the kitchentable.

And in the victorian mansion lurks a lady's secret, hidden in the drawer of het nightstand.

It's made of ivory and is a partial substitute husband...wink,nudge.

Absolutely NOT for child abuse classes.:/

LOL, Lyss, this did make me laugh!

--

Zoe

May 28, 2017 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lallyp

Rosemary at May 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Permanganate of Potash! I can remember bathing in a solution of that to obtain a deep and convincing tan so that I could go to the York Arts Ball as a Red Indian.  My dear mother was not so pleased when she found her newly fitted pale pink enamel bath with a purple tide mark on it which was extremely difficult to remove......

My Dad had a skin disease, Rosemary & had to bathe in Permaganate of Potash when it flared up!  A very rare disease called Darias Disease, only 6 cases in the country then!  And our bath was often pink!

--

Valerie Towers

May 28, 2017 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site