Dolls' Houses Past & Present

A website and ezine about dolls' houses: antique, vintage and modern. Plus furniture and accessories.

Forums

Forum Home > Renovation/ restoration/ creation > Printing Out Wallpaper?

Mehitabel

I'm busy printing out some wallpaper I have. I was about to print onto A4 cartridge paper then use a sealant.  But I just remembered I have some old, unused photo paper, A4 size. (Glossy and matte). Am wondering - do I need to seal it, if I use photo paper instead of ordinary cartridge paper?  It is like thin cardstock so should be perfect for making fake walls...

--

April 13, 2017 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

If you are using adhesive I would seal it....just in case.

April 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mehitabel

Thanks, Jan. You're right - better safe than sorry!

--

April 14, 2017 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe H
Administrator

I think the colour fastness of photo paper varies so I'd seal it too, just to be on the safe side.

--

Zoe

https://trulymadlytiny.blogspot.co.uk

http://grecondale.com

April 16, 2017 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mehitabel

Thanks, Zoe. I will!  I am just going to make faux walls for the room whose wallpaper didn't survive (I have a downloaded image of the right wallpaper though as a few fragments survived, enough to ID) and I am just going to use something random to make faux walls for the room with the hideous garage wallpaper!

--

April 16, 2017 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy C

What should one use for effective sealing?  And is it the same on any kind of paper/card? Thanks......

--

April 21, 2017 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooksey
Administrator

Member Poppet, who has free downloadable printies on her wallpaper and accessories website Poppets Dolly Bits, recommends cheap hair lacquer as a fixative, although "proper" stuff is sold in art supplies and crafts shops.

April 22, 2017 at 8:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy C

Brooksey at April 22, 2017 at 8:37 AM

Member Poppet, who has free downloadable printies on her wallpaper and accessories website Poppets Dolly Bits, recommends cheap hair lacquer as a fixative, although "proper" stuff is sold in art supplies and crafts shops.

Thank you Brooksey. :)

--

April 24, 2017 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Search This Site

Translate This Site

Recent Forum Posts

by cestina 2 months ago
by Brooksey 2 months ago
by Trumble's Mum 2 months ago
by Jan 2 months ago